Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my fiance surprised me today. She found a lady who makes customized light up license plates and she got me one that says 300 and has the Hemi C logo. Basically, it's all black and the words and logo are clear thus allowing the lights in the back to shine through. It will be wired to the parking lamps. It's cool, creatitve, and I think it's going to look great on my car. However, the lady used 4 incandescent (sp?) bulbs. I have K2 halos with the 3 small LEDs under them, LED sidemarkers, LED license plate, and silverstar ultra bulbs in the heads and fogs. The bulbs in the license plate are not going to match so I want to change them out for LEDs. I've been reading a lot about LEDs and know that they have to have the right voltage going to them and all sorts of other stuff dealing with the resistance. With that being said, I have a couple of questions.

1. Can I just buy some automotive replacement bulbs from a site like autolumination and not have to worry about resistance and all that jazz?

2. I was also thinking it would be more practical to just get an LED. Any suggestions or comments on this?

3. I already have my halos for both the headlights and fogs wired to the parking lamp circuit. Is there a point where I need to get a relay and run it straight from the battery?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
494 Posts
Well, my fiance surprised me today. She found a lady who makes customized light up license plates and she got me one that says 300 and has the Hemi C logo. Basically, it's all black and the words and logo are clear thus allowing the lights in the back to shine through. It will be wired to the parking lamps. It's cool, creatitve, and I think it's going to look great on my car. However, the lady used 4 incandescent (sp?) bulbs. I have K2 halos with the 3 small LEDs under them, LED sidemarkers, LED license plate, and silverstar ultra bulbs in the heads and fogs. The bulbs in the license plate are not going to match so I want to change them out for LEDs. I've been reading a lot about LEDs and know that they have to have the right voltage going to them and all sorts of other stuff dealing with the resistance. With that being said, I have a couple of questions.

1. Can I just buy some automotive replacement bulbs from a site like autolumination and not have to worry about resistance and all that jazz?

2. I was also thinking it would be more practical to just get an LED. Any suggestions or comments on this?

3. I already have my halos for both the headlights and fogs wired to the parking lamp circuit. Is there a point where I need to get a relay and run it straight from the battery?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.
Can you post some pic's of the license plate? Especially the wiring assembly (harness). This may help you get more accurate answers. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use LED's instead of those incandescent bulbs. Some soldering may be needed also. As for the power, I really don't think you'll need any resistors since you are hooking up to the sidemarkers. LED's use less voltage than the regular incandescent bulbs anyway. I'm assuming your plates are going on the front, right? I'd try to post some pics so we can help you out better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts