Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about LED tail lights? Hopefully, that will be an aftermarket or maybe get added latter in the model year. :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
THAT would be very cool (da' bomb dawg). Wonder how Cadillac "powers" the ones on the Deville. Do you suppose it requires a separate converter or power box?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Redman said:
THAT would be very cool (da' bomb dawg). Wonder how Cadillac "powers" the ones on the Deville. Do you suppose it requires a separate converter or power box?
No, aftermarket LED was shown on one of the spkie TV programs (how bout that Danica Patrick) or speedvision. They are a simple panel that has a screw bulb fitting that goes into any existing tail light. The panel can be cut to fit many applications, I think it was a 69 Camaro that it was used in. I don't know about Caddy. Many 18 wheelers have LED now added to thier trailers, if you look you will probably see one tomorrow, I see them all the time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Redman said:
Wonder how Cadillac "powers" the ones on the Deville. Do you suppose it requires a separate converter or power box?
If I remember correctly, LED uses much less power then regular 12v bulbs, so there might not even be a converter needed????

·
Registered
378 Posts
Gang,

A buddy of mine has them in his Street Rod. They just pluged into the standard fitting with no "mods". They work and look great on his 48 Chevy

·
Registered
440 Posts
Redman said:
Are you just a conservative prick or does it just come off what way through your post? If your choice in aviators has anything to do with your stance on life, we’d all be driving vehicles that were ready to be converted to military use (Hummers). I support our troops and if they choose to take my car I’d be happy to know that our boys were having fun driving it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Last week I put LEDs on all the rear lamp sockets (brake, running, turn indicator and reverse) on my Intrepid R/T. Got them here www.superbrightleds.com. Scroll to the "Wedge Based LED Car Bulbs". Order away!!!

Here's the break out of lamps used on the exterior of the 300C:

Back-Up 3057
Front Fog 9145/H10
Front Park/Turn 3157AK
Front Sidemarker W5W
High Beam Headlamp 9005
License W5W
Low Beam Headlamp (Halogen) 9006XS
Tail/Stop/Turn 3057

Originally posted by: IndyCoder

Are you just a conservative prick or does it just come off what way through your post? If your choice in aviators has anything to do with your stance on life, we’d all be driving vehicles that were ready to be converted to military use (Hummers).
Indy, why you so yeastie on Redman? His post looked fairly innocent to me. Just wondering........

·
Registered
136 Posts
indyCoder said:
Are you just a conservative prick or does it just come off what way through your post? If your choice in aviators has anything to do with your stance on life, we’d all be driving vehicles that were ready to be converted to military use (Hummers). I support our troops and if they choose to take my car I’d be happy to know that our boys were having fun driving it.
WTF IS THIS CRAP. THAT IS UNCALLED FOR. DOES EVERYTHING NEED TO BE POLITICAL NOW A DAYS? THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR POLITICAL VIEWS. I AM SURE THEIR ARE PLENTY OF FORUMS FOR THAT,BUT THIS IS NOT THE PLACE.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
redwinger said:
WTF IS THIS CRAP. THAT IS UNCALLED FOR. DOES EVERYTHING NEED TO BE POLITICAL NOW A DAYS? THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR POLITICAL VIEWS. I AM SURE THEIR ARE PLENTY OF FORUMS FOR THAT,BUT THIS IS NOT THE PLACE.
I am also wondering what your 'aviators' has to do with anything! :)

perhaps avatar?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Man, this thread is getting nasty.

True, that picture w/Rumsfeld w/that stupid grin makes for a pretty lame avatar, but it's his right to have lame avatars w/o hijacking this thread w/off-topic remarks.

Chill people!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts