Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for opinions on these. They were awarded the best new exterior product at SEMA this year. Basically it is a LED light system that is for the taillights. They are designed to fit into the stock holes then open up. This is their website. No prices listed yet, since this is due to be released March 2005.

http://www.spiderlite.com/

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Autozone et.al. has led replacement bulbs, I have only seen red for the clear lens aftmkt so many import twentysomething cars have. These are also red, how does a red light look through a red lens, seems a white light would be better

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
Autozone et.al. has led replacement bulbs, I have only seen red for the clear lens aftmkt so many import twentysomething cars have. These are also red, how does a red light look through a red lens, seems a white light would be better
Good point II Kings.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This product is very cool. Just when you think everything has been invented, they come up with something making me smack my head and say : "why didn't I think of that!?!"

In regards to the colors, I tested an aftermarket amber led "bulb" in my red housings, and it was so bright and amber, it is not even funny. You could not run anything else but red. I think a white may look too pink in the lens when lit.

Think of it this way; many people like to tint out the tails, making the lights less visable anyway. Using red may keep the pink out of the lights when lit.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Good points TL, maybe cause these are so bright this makes sense but stock bulbs of course dont pink out. I have seen on other LED websites that the light is in fact not brighter, this may be different given the number of LEDs in this unit. I will probably get a pair, what next, seems the mods continue on and on.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
LED's are the future. The technology has really advanced in the past 2 or 3 years.

I recently read that if all our household bulbs were replaced with LED products (coming to a store near you soon), our electricity bills would plummet and it would have the effect of shutting down 30 coal fired power plants (not sure if that was Canada or US).

Big savings either way. And gives me a few more years to enjoy my Hemi:) before we are all mandated into driving a Toyota Prius.:(

·
Registered
441 Posts
White LEDs are actually blue LEDs with a fluorescent coating just like the phosphors in a fluorescent lamp. But the red LEDs are a "pure" color so they're much more efficient and less expensive for the same output. Also, the white LED coating can degrade over time, becoming dimmer if they're overdriven to get more output.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
cmego said:
White LEDs are actually blue LEDs with a fluorescent coating just like the phosphors in a fluorescent lamp. But the red LEDs are a "pure" color so they're much more efficient and less expensive for the same output. Also, the white LED coating can degrade over time, becoming dimmer if they're overdriven to get more output.
You learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Brighter is better!

I agree these look cool! I was looking for a company that made something like this. In addition they should be brighter and be a positive for safety. Can't waith until they come out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts