Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lexani Performance Tires
Anyone running Lexani tyres? Old mate from Ozzy Tyres is recommending them, but i've heard nothing of them. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just had some new rims with lexani tyres fitted to my SRT8.
They seem to be a little louder than the goodyears ( this could just be because of the lower profile) and the grip doesn't compare to the goodyear original tyres.
No idea on pricing as I got them with the wheels. I'm guessing about 300 a corner.
I'm no tyre expert but I'd say the lexani's are not the best option, but could well be the cheapest (hence the shop putting them in my wheel/tyre package).

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I would dubious of their performance and quality.

Alarm bells ring when I read on their web site "The Lexani tire plant is built to the highest worldwide standards" - warning Made in China ????? They don't actually say where they are made but if you read any Tyre comparisons, Chinese tyres always come out on the bottom of the heap and are considered substandard.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi,

Based on what I have read, Lexani tyres are essentially Nexen N3000 tyres. Nexen tyres, though not in the same league as Pirelli, Bridgestone, Michelin etc, have received good appraisals when viewed in light of their purchase price (ie. value for money/bang for buck)

Cheers,
DC300C

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, i'll push for old mate to give me pricing options on more reputable brands, although he didn't seem to keen yesterday.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Andy,
How did you go with the tyres for your car?

I am just about to replace the feet on my car and would be interested to find out what you did and how much they where as well.

Donald

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Don, I still havn't found a mag I like, and i'm tied up with work at the moment, but will post some info and pics when it happens.

Cheers

Andy.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sooner rather than later!

Ah, maybe getting into new shoes a bit earlier that at first anticipated!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there an Australian standard for tyre repairs?

Well legal or not the repair(s) is done, and i'm off to look at new mags/tyres later this morning. There was a nail in the centre tread as well, also in the valley though.

Is there an Australian standard for tyre repairs? :feedback:

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
There are definately tyre fitment / repair standards in aus.

To me it looks like the screw was angled in towards the sidewall. There's only so close you can go to the shoulder of the tyre, & you have to use the plug type patches to prevent moisture ingress into the belt.

I'll clarify on the details of the standards tomorrow.

If it was mine i wouldnt be repairing it, but then again you're not planning to do a lot of km's before replacement - so it keeps the car on the road for the time being.

Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
933 Posts
There are definately tyre fitment / repair standards in aus.

To me it looks like the screw was angled in towards the sidewall. There's only so close you can go to the shoulder of the tyre, & you have to use the plug type patches to prevent moisture ingress into the belt.

I'll clarify on the details of the standards tomorrow.

If it was mine i wouldnt be repairing it, but then again you're not planning to do a lot of km's before replacement - so it keeps the car on the road for the time being.

Cheers
Phil
Are you a mechanic Phil?

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Are you a mechanic Phil?
Not just a "mechanic", Phil is Chrysler Technician. But I shouldn't steal all his thunder.

Phil certainly is an asset to the Forum with his knowledge and expertise.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Haha thanks John!

Yes i'm one of those guys that work at the 'stealership' .. as many say, but i wouldnt change a thing! I get to work on some of the best cars on the road, no two days are the same, & i just generally love what I do.

Being here not only helps me keep up to date with all the exciting developement that is going on in the aftermarket, but also makes my job that little bit easier.
The more you guys know about your cars, the less you have to ask me when you come into work.. leaving me to do what i do best :fing02:

But for what its worth, i'm not here to support my dealer. Thats their job, & they let their reputation speak for itself. :)

Cheers
Phil

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Regarding the standard for tyre repair, the SRT runs W speed rated tyres.
The puncture can only be up to 3mm in diameter, & you can repair the centre 80% of the tread (measured from shoulder - shoulder)

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Regarding the standard for tyre repair, the SRT runs W speed rated tyres.
The puncture can only be up to 3mm in diameter, & you can repair the centre 80% of the tread (measured from shoulder - shoulder)

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers
Phil
Thanks Phil, your input is much appreciated.

Isn't it funny how we rely on our local service providers, blindly accepting that what they are charging us for is both safe and legal.

Fortunately this repair was just a stop gap and didn't result in any accidents or litigation.

Again Phil, thanks for your input.

Andy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts