Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the past year and a half, I have replaced the aftermarket LED bulbs that I put in the license plate housing probably 3 times. One side burns out within a couple months and then the other side will go dim, not burn out but then if i tap the bumper it will go bright again. Took the car to the dealership to check for a wiring issue and they are telling me that it has to do w/ the amps that the LED draws and IDK sounded like a line of BS. I just replaced them again with the regular peanut looking bulbs and they both work just fine. ANybody else having this issue? I really like the look of the LED and would like to find a good bulb to put in that will last a long time.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I've always chalked it up as being poor quality LED's. It's not like they are expensive. A dime a dozen. Just a pain to replace. My LP LEDS haven't went out but I have a side marker out I need to r&r and a map light flickered and had to put a new one there as well.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
I agree on the poor LED issue. I had the same problem and eventually went to autolumination dot com and the ones I got from them have been in service for 3 years with no problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts