Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my plate lights are out. I looked in book and does not list a fuse for this? I pulled every fuse and they seem ok both in trunk and under hood. Any thoughts? My wipers I have always had issues with with the rain sencing wipers. Sometimes they go super fast and it is barely raining. My door locks sometimes do not work either from remote and other times it they do. Sometimes after turning car off and hitting remote door locks the lights stay on and do not go off after the 30 seconds. A little frustrating.

Thanks guys I really do not like electrical issues can always lead to something else.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
the fuse for the rear license plate lights is in the front power distribution center is fuse #8 its a 15 amp. color blue labeled park/lamp and did you check the bulbs also on your remote problem do you have two if so does it do it with both or just one and what condition is your car battery have it load tested it could have a bad cell these cars will give you a lot of weird electrical problems with a bad battery they hate low voltage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will double check that fuse. The bulbs I replaced. My nosy neighbor actually came over and had a tester. He stuck it in the back plate bulb socket and crossed something I think. After that my car would not start from key. Would turn on and shot off within a second. I went up to the dealer and asked them. Told them what he did and they said it had nothing to do with why car would not start. Told them it was fine before he came over. I left there came home and somehow the alarm went off. I could not shot off from key so had to pull horns not to drive neighbors nuts. Battery ended up getting so low that it stopped anyway. Replaced battery and had it towed to garage. Turns out he ended up flashing the key by shorting out the system. Oh boy. I may have to try to buy a couple new bulbs again and see what happens and change that fuse also.

The wipers seem to go fast for no reason even when sitting idle. They have always done that since the car was new. It is a 2005 Chrysler 300C. I love the car I am in sales and live in Canada. Have 344,000kms on it. I think that is almost 200,000 miles :)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
the rain sensing sensitivity is adjustable from the multifunction lever. wiper delay position 1 is the least sensitive and wiper delay position 6 is most sensitive . the rain sense wipers will automatically change between and intermittent wipe, slow wipe and a fast wipe depending on the amount of moisture that is sensed on the windshield.
the rain sensing feature may not function properly when ice or dried salt is present on the windshield and use of rain-x or products containing wax or silicone may reduce rain sensor performance .this is out of the owners manual hope this helps you out a little .

regards the jetech.
(ken)

·
Registered
11 Posts
i also have a problem with the license plate bulbs. I suppose I could have bought new bulbs that are bad, and for the $4 they cost, it is worth getting another set to double check. However, the old bulbs definitely looked blown. I also checked all my fuses and the parking lights work (fuse is OK), and I pulled every other fuse I could think of in both the front and back compartments. Very frustrating.

I love this car, but there are definitely "buggy" issues with the electronics. I have had similar wiper issues - such as they randomly engage on a dry sunny day if left on in the "auto" position, or they don't engage quickly enough, so I just gave up and manually operatate them. Other strange issues I have include the auto returns on the front windows periodically don't work, only to work again later. I brought it in when under warranty and they were never able to fix the problem. An annoyance but not a major deal. Another weird thing is the traction control - if I sit with my foot on the brake for a long time, like at a drive through, the ESP beeps and disengages. Also had it checked when under warranty. Only fix is to turn off the motor and turn back on. Again, annoyance, not major issue.

Luckily the motor is strong and dependable, but these issues and the generally crappy fit-and-finish are such turn offs for such a nice car.

If anyone has any suggestions about the lights, I'd appreciate it. I do a lot of highway driving at night and would hate to be stopped for such a thing.

2006 300C bought new in December 2005, 103,000 miles and I STILL have the original brakes...but NOT the original tires! On the 4th set...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lights

I ended up taking my 300 to a garage and they checked wiring in the back to the plate and it was not getting power. One of the wires had rotted out. The mechanice took power from the back passenger side driving light and they now work fine.

My car also has problems still with electrical. I have 245,000 miles on my car I am in sales and live part time in Michigan (near Toronto Ontario other house). I love the car but the electrical is the bad part of this year (2005). Wipers, lights stay on sometimes, seat does not come up when car turned on 1 out of every 20 times, steering wheel stays up when car starts the same amount of time, having issues now with ESP, ABS light staying on due to sensors in front of car.

Runs good though the old girl :) Love 'er. My wife keeps telling me to get a new car it has too many miles on it. Her 2009 Mariner she has put $2500 into it over last 6 months for a new steering assembly and other large ticket items. So my answer to her when the old girl gives up I will get a new car she owes me nothing now :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts