Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone knows how to take off the black border for the license plate on the bottom of the front grille because it's connected to the grille on mine so I don't know if it's the same for everyone but I really want to take it off.. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
415 Posts
EWWWWWWWWW they put it on??? that sucks, you will have the two holes there. My dealer guy asked me? He goes, would you like for us to put the front plate holder? we have to drill ... I said please do not say those painful words again...
~~~~~
Don't you have two screws holding it?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just take the two screws at the bottom out then spread the clips that hold it on the grill and it comes right off.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tha187um said:
EWWWWWWWWW they put it on??? that sucks, you will have the two holes there. My dealer guy asked me? He goes, would you like for us to put the front plate holder? we have to drill ... I said please do not say those painful words again...
~~~~~
Don't you have two screws holding it?
No there's no screws and they didn't ask me to put it on it was already there from the factory?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Dealer did the same thing to me - installed the front license plate, even though I explicitly told them NOT to. Something about Virginia state law.
No matter - removed it and placed two solid stainless steel "bullet" caps in over threaded male screws. Looks kinda neat - mini "Dagmars".

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Dealer greatfully left mine in the trunk though Ohio law requires it, it is dealer installed don't accept that yang "it came that way". 23, there is a procedure to trim and lower the bracket below the grille which was included in the mesh grille instructions though I have not done it since I left mine off. Ohio does not seem to care about the front plate law, I am prepared to say "but officer, there is a recall on the bracket, you know how these Chryslers are, seems plates were flying off on the freeway, mine is in the trunk, the are sending out new bolts next week" - I do have integrety and honesty but this is all part of the game much like using a radar detector.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts