Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left my 300 on the drive for 2 weeks and battery went to 4 volts, charged it up and started straight away.
but I have the anti skid light on the abs and the other alongside it all orange, not in limp mode and no codes relating to them.
i did have the 2 rear tyres replaced before I parked it and have not driven since.

i did have the ignition on when I put a new DashCam in, but I started it after and let it run after I had done it, I should use it more but I get nagged about the house renovations taking too long ( 7 years and counting ).

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the same lights on my dash after I cleaned the engine bay. Turned out I had accidentally pulled the wheel speed sensor wire out of its connector (which goes into the engine bay area). Check by removing wheel(s) and following wire from the wheel stub area.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are the speed sensors on all wheels, as I had the two rears off at garage to have new tires on.
the anti skid control light is on the abs and the esp light, so wheel spin on wet road is more pronounced.
also engine light is on now

·
Registered
260 Posts
Have you scanned it with a high end unit capable of reading abs codes etc. Basic scanners only do engine codes. The rear abs pick up rings have a habit of rusting and falling off. Both been replaced on mine. If you remove the sensor and look into the hole you can see the tone ring. There are sensors on all wheels.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi thanks dm575 for that will have a look when it’s warmer, I can do it but the body is saying no just an age thing

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
If the battery is removed for any significant time (and this probably includes draining) then the ESP and ABS lights will come on following re-connection. Normallity should be restored following a short drive. You may also lose your radio code and one-shot windows function. This is all explained in the Owner's Manual.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Are we talking the ESP and BAS lights.

I wonder if there is a fault to your dynamics sensor. I have posted a thread below but as suggested above, best to get the codes read as it could be a number of things such as ring tone, faulty sensors etc.

I have posted a link below regarding the dynamics sensor.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had exactly the same happening to me last year.
After two local garages being unable to find the fault, I took it to the dealership and they very quickly identified a blown relay in the boot. £100.00 for the diagnostic and £25.00 for the part. No problems since.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Left my 300 on the drive for 2 weeks and battery went to 4 volts, charged it up and started straight away.
but I have the anti skid light on the abs and the other alongside it all orange, not in limp mode and no codes relating to them.
i did have the 2 rear tyres replaced before I parked it and have not driven since.

i did have the ignition on when I put a new DashCam in, but I started it after and let it run after I had done it, I should use it more but I get nagged about the house renovations taking too long ( 7 years and counting ).
My 2008 V6 300C (LE) was in storage and the old battery went completely flat. After installing a brand new battery, the ABS, ESP BAS and Traction Control warning lights stay on.
I took it to Dealer 1 and they carried out a diagnostic test – “Found ABS module fault codes in system, checked ABS module wiring harness -ok. Reprogramed ABS, still there is error. ABS doesn’t configurate. Possible internal faults in ABS module. Recommend to replace ABS module first and test again”.
DTC code -U140E, ABS implausible vehicle configuration data received.
Cost of module would be $1,300!

I told them, no way, everything was fine before the battery went flat.
I came home and searched the internet, sure enough, this was a common issue with some model 300’s.
I took it to Dealer 2 and they cleared the code straight away! Their report stated “carried out dtc scan and found abs system received inplausable information, carried out reconfiguration of bcm and road test ok”

Before I took it to dealer 2, I bought my own scanner – MaxiDiag Elite MD802. With that scanner I could not permanently clear the U140E code or lights.
From a downloaded 2007 LX service manual -
I tried the “BATTERY SYSTEM STANDARD PROCEDURE – BATTERY RECONNECTION”
I tried the “ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM” – calibrate the Steering Angle Sensor”
I tried the “ABS VERIFICATION TEST”
Nothing I tried worked so that’s when I took it to dealer 2.

I hope the above will help some forum member in the future; all because of a flat battery.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope not yet I am taking it too my local garage who will lug it into their scan machine, I know they’ll not charge me as they are great guys and they all play in a rock band

1 - 13 of 13 Posts