Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

lip spoiler for 300c

5K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  kidcoastal 
#1 ·
have any members installed the lip spoiler on their 300,s from like the one on sale from wyckoff chrysler looks like a fairly good price.

#2 ·
Here are mine

#3 ·
Sweeeeeeet

That sure is PRETTY :)
BTW, the spoiler adds a beautiful touch as well! Thanks for the pics.

#4 ·
THX, Angi. Your mods are also COOOLLLL!!!!

#5 ·
spoiler prices / questions

this is my next mod - for me the car is just not complete without it :)

what prices are you seing for a spoiler --

is the the same design as used on the SRT-8

I'm a bit confused on the choices - can anyone help clear this up --

Is there a part number for the SRT-8 spoiler ?

thanks in advance

#6 ·
Need some advice on this one....

Okay, after a couple months on your car, what are your impressions? How is the lip spoiler holding up? Does the paint match perfectly? Is it still a nice tight fit? I'm really considering one for my car, but I'm a little nervous about just sticking it on with some tape. I run my car through a carwash, and I'd hate for it to get ripped off the car. Thanks.

#7 ·
I have seen these spoliers on ebay for around 200 painted and if the tape is 3m tape then it should be fine most door moldings on cars now a days are stuck on there with that kinda tape. Its good stuff just don't put it on when its cold try to heat it up so its more sticky it wil last longer.

#8 ·
joshmillslane said:
Okay, after a couple months on your car, what are your impressions? How is the lip spoiler holding up? Does the paint match perfectly? Is it still a nice tight fit? I'm really considering one for my car, but I'm a little nervous about just sticking it on with some tape. I run my car through a carwash, and I'd hate for it to get ripped off the car. Thanks.
My SLK has a similar lip-type stick on spoiler from AMG and it has been holding on for several years without any problems or signs of weakening adheseve.

Sorry I don't have any more close-up photos.

#9 ·
joshmillslane said:

Josh, I ordered one first to see the color matching, their contour fitting and how the tape lay on the trunk. This one only came with tape on the top portion but I bought the same 3M exterior tape to put on the other side. That's the one you see on the photos.

I liked the way it looked and revive the trunk and back area so I ordered another one for my other C and that came with tape on both sides and the color also matched.

This mod is one that is needed when you see the car from the back. I removed a few weeks ago the 300's badges and left only the wings and is looking great now.

I have them installed since july and august with no problem on the holding, color or fitting.

If you liked go for it. Other forum member's have it too.

Herminio

#17 ·
I like it - I wouldn't be too concerned with rubbing or vibration as long as there is clearance.
I have Saleen S281 spoiler on my Mustang that comes over the rear fenders like that - no problems with rubbing at all. Once the trunk is closed, it's not going to move, so not much space is needed at all..I think a couple mm's are needed is all to be safe from no rubbing??

TommyZ - more info por favor!!!!

#18 · (Edited)
The spoiler IS for sale and has 2 of those bar stool fuzzy deals on the bottom over the taillights , I have made 5 out of 7 needed , 2 were carbon fiber, all of them are sold.A few went through dealers here in detroit.
300 bones - 270 for forum/club members through ted @ moparsupercenter of course ...who else ?

thom

Attachments

#19 ·
tommyz said:
The spoiler IS for sale and has 2 of those bar stool fuzzy deals on the bottom over the taillights , I have made 5 out of 7needed , 2 were carbon fiber, all of them are sold.
300 bones - 270 for forum/club members
thom
I'm surprised, thanks Thom! A couple more questions:
1) are they available pre-painted?
2) are they adhesive mounted or do they require drilling to install

#20 ·
tommyz said:
The spoiler IS for sale and has 2 of those bar stool fuzzy deals on the bottom over the taillights , I have made 5 out of 7 needed , 2 were carbon fiber, all of them are sold.A few went through dealers here in detroit.
300 bones - 270 for forum/club members through ted @ moparsupercenter of course ...who else ?

thom
Thanks for the info. What colors - or do I have to paint it?

#23 ·
I ordered my tommyZ wing spoiler last night through Ted@MPSC (tharris@moparsupercenter.com) and should have it in the next couple weeks.

Now I'll be able to say:
'I was one of the first 50 people to be driving a 300C on the streets in the United States' with a tommyZ spoiler. (sorry, couldnt resist... don't be mad First300COwner ;), I'm just funnin' wit ya!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.