Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have been talking with a few of the guys at Livernois since they posted some great results on LS1tech (where they post alot) and they are willing to do mailorder tuning with your Diablo. It is only a flat $200+ return shipping of the Predator. They prefer you load the stock tune back into the car and send them the tuner as new. Talk to Rick LeBlanc.

I am sending my Diablo in tomorrow and next Saturday, I will be doing 3-4 dyno pulls at D'agostino. 1st pull will be the stock tune, 2nd pull will be the 93 Canned tune and the 3rd pull will be Livernois's tune. Im sure they will get more out of it with an actual dyno pull, but Im too far and I need atleast 20+rwhp. They DO custom dyno tuning for SRT's now.

Here is thier post on LS1tech with thier contact info. Im not sure if you guys are familiar with Livernois but they are as good as it gets. :biggrin:

Impressed with the SRT-8 Vehicles - LS1TECH

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i think ive heard of Livernois before. One of their Vettes was in a C&D or MT shootout a while back, if i recall correctly.

im interested to see what kind of results you get. im very pleased with my DS canned tune now, but nothing wrong with a little more power.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey guys, I have been talking with a few of the guys at Livernois since they posted some great results on LS1tech (where they post alot) and they are willing to do mailorder tuning with your Diablo. It is only a flat $200+ return shipping of the Predator. They prefer you load the stock tune back into the car and send them the tuner as new. Talk to Rick LeBlanc.

I am sending my Diablo in tomorrow and next Saturday, I will be doing 3-4 dyno pulls at D'agostino. 1st pull will be the stock tune, 2nd pull will be the 93 Canned tune and the 3rd pull will be Livernois's tune. Im sure they will get more out of it with an actual dyno pull, but Im too far and I need atleast 20+rwhp. They DO custom dyno tuning for SRT's now.

Here is thier post on LS1tech with thier contact info. Im not sure if you guys are familiar with Livernois but they are as good as it gets. :biggrin:

Impressed with the SRT-8 Vehicles - LS1TECH

Why don't you just go up to Delray Beach and have Johan at Diablo CMR tune you car on the Diablo dyno? He charges not much more than you will pay for the mail order tune mentioned. You can reach him at [email protected] He does it Saturdays.:fing02:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why don't you just go up to Delray Beach and have Johan at Diablo CMR tune you car on the Diablo dyno? He charges not much more than you will pay for the mail order tune mentioned. You can reach him at [email protected] He does it Saturdays.:fing02:

Actually Ive done business with Livernois before and having them tune it and then to have back up dyno results, it will help them further thier efforts at mail order SRT tunes as well. I do appreciate the advice though. :fing02:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
the only custom tuning should be done on a dyno.

i wasted my money once on an email tune, all they did was get rid of knock by dumpin a TON of fuel in, causing me to lose a lot of power and bog down at higher RPMs due to it being so pig rich.

now if these guys have some magical way of tuning a car without being IN the car, thats would be cool.

but i doubt it.
im just very skeptical as i am not the only one on this forum who has gotten screwed by the infamous EMAIL TUNE. or any tune not done on a dyno for that matter.

so hopefully they can prove me wrong.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the only custom tuning should be done on a dyno.

i wasted my money once on an email tune, all they did was get rid of knock by dumpin a TON of fuel in, causing me to lose a lot of power and bog down at higher RPMs due to it being so pig rich.

now if these guys have some magical way of tuning a car without being IN the car, thats would be cool.

but i doubt it.
im just very skeptical as i am not the only one on this forum who has gotten screwed by the infamous EMAIL TUNE. or any tune not done on a dyno for that matter.

so hopefully they can prove me wrong.

Yea, I hear you. Thats why I have a dyno run the following Sat. I will have the base tune, 93 canned tune and the Livernois tune to check. Well see.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Are you saying you have to send them the predator as well as the tune? why?

i was curious about that as well, without your car, all they can do is make up a tune and download it into the predator.

or they could just email you the tune and you wont have to bother with shipping. unless they have a volunteer SRT8 there they are going to use.

but that still wouldnt help because every car is different.

hope it works out for ya, make sure to post that dyno!!

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
I agree about tuning on a dyno and I hope the dyno shop you go to JayplaySS2 has CMR tuning abilities. I got my car tuned shortly followed by another SRT8 and our cars took surprisingly different levels of fuel over the RPM ranges...my car likes fuel :)

For my friend's car, the canned tune was almost perfect, but for mine not even close. All cars are different and a CMR tune done on a dyno with an exhaust sniffer is money well spent.

Eric

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Mail order tunes are overrated....sorry

Theres no point in getting a mail order from a shop 1,000's of miles away with a asl of -500 and sending it to me with a asl of 2600....

CMR is the ONLY way to make gains for YOUR individual car's needs

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mail order tunes are overrated....sorry

Theres no point in getting a mail order from a shop 1,000's of miles away with a asl of -500 and sending it to me with a asl of 2600....

CMR is the ONLY way to make gains for YOUR individual car's needs

Well I hope to find out when I get to the dyno. I did 2 different emailed tunes for my 03 Cobra (HBH and Amazon) and they were 95% of what the dyno would have done and that was an FI car with 20lbs of boost, though I did end up getting a dyno tune when I went from a ported eaton to a 2.8 Kenne Bell. Texas Speed also has emailed tunes/ calibrated pcm's for thier LSX brands (H/C and custom as long as they sell a setup) and they say its within 5-10rwhp from an actual dyno tune. Either way, a CAI/Tune car is not even close to modded so I have a good feeling they can improve the tune. We will see though. Id be thie first to say its not worth it. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts