Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the LMI intake on my 12 300srt8. The install was pretty easy. The car growls a little more and has a little more pep to it. I also installed the speedlogix catch can as well. You cant see the catch can to much in the cell phone picture I took.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Looks good.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Unfortunately, the 2nd Gen intake composite manifolds have a built-in air/oil separator, so your catch can is just eye candy. Nice LMI intake though........ :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Unfortunately, the 2nd Gen intake composite manifolds have a built-in air/oil separator, so your catch can is just eye candy. Nice LMI intake though........ :)
Is that for just the SRT intakes or for the 5.7's as well? My Charger will fill up the can pretty quickly. When I put the catch can in my 300, there was already a thin coat of oil in the stock tube.

·
Registered
563 Posts

Where did you get this info man? I would be thrilled to cancel my BT can order, but I have not heard of this. If it was true, it seems logical that there would be something in the maintenance plan to empty this stock separator if it was doing it's job well enough...

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Just installed the LMI intake on my 12 300srt8. The install was pretty easy. The car growls a little more and has a little more pep to it. I also installed the speedlogix catch can as well. You cant see the catch can to much in the cell phone picture I took.

Hi,
Why did you go for the round filter and not the flatter fatter one. Or was there no choice when you bought it.
Also why did you not go for the 45* style, part: LMI 6.4L
They are the same price $256.75. I don't know why as the 45* bend one looks like it has more to offer.
Did you have to cut anything?
What is the throttle body size?
Would you know if they sell the kit without the filter, and would the Mopar filter fit on the tube??
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice, neat install.

Anyone here installed the LMI fender mount CAI? Just wondering how it sounds?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts