Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first non-GM car so I'm not sure what Chrysler's policy is for a loaner when you bring your car in for service (don't have the book with me). I just made an appointment to drop my C off on Tuesday morning so they can take care of the pulling to the right issue. The woman that set the appointment up said that they can give me a ride home :confused: Is this the standard or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Tom

2005 Silver 300C - it's home now!
2005 C6 Millennium Yellow Corvette convertible - on order

2002 Silverado HD - 8" lift + much more!
2002 Supercharged 8.1 Suburban - [email protected] 95.79

·
Registered
74 Posts
Chrysler has made a guarantee to all 300c owners that if there car is in for non-routine service, they will give the owner a loaner. Call the dealership back, and ask what kind of car they plan to give you while they fix your car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't see anything excluding regular maintenance. I expect a loaner when I drop my car off for oil changes. :D

Here is an snippet from Chrysler's website:
-----------------------------------------

Purchase or lease a Chrysler Pacifica, Chrysler Crossfire, or Chrysler 300, and you automatically receive the Chrysler Premium Care Plan, including a NO CHARGE complimentary loaner vehicle anytime your vehicle requires service during the first three years or 36,000 miles.*

Simply drop off your vehicle at the Chrysler dealership and pick up your complimentary loaner vehicle for the duration of your service or repair (up to 5 days per occurrence).

We recognize and appreciate how important your time is. That's why when you purchase or lease a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica, 2004 Chrysler Crossfire, or 2005 Chrysler 300, you automatically receive the Chrysler Premium Care Plan.

The Chrysler Premium Care Plan compliments the standard limited warranty with a NO CHARGE complimentary loaner vehicle during scheduled maintenance service or warranty repair appointments made anytime during the 3/36 limited warranty period. And just like the standard limited warranty, it's transferable to subsequent owners. With the Chrysler Premium Care Plan, you won't have to sit and wait while your vehicle is being serviced.
*The Chrysler Premium Care Plan excludes bodywork, paint or repairs due to collision. Loaner vehicles will be provided either through in-dealership daily rental vehicles or through a dealer-negotiated agreement with a local rental car provider. Fleet vehicles are not included in this Plan.

Rental coverage is subject to state and local laws and conditions imposed by the rental agency. DaimlerChrysler Corporation and DaimlerChrysler Dealers are not responsible for any refusal by a rental agency to rent a vehicle to the customer. Owner must meet daily rental requirements. The plan will pay up to $30 per day ($150 maximum) for a replacement vehicle anytime maintenance or repair is required (excluding body and paint repair).

Plan service will be provided by your DaimlerChrysler dealer. In the event that you cannot return to the selling dealer for the service, you may request Plan service from any Chrysler dealer within the 50 States, District of Columbia, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico or Mexico. If you are unable to obtain Plan service from an authorized dealer, call our toll-free number to receive service instructions.

--------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I'm going to have to check that out here in Canada, because as far as I know they will give you a ride to wherever and pick you up. Anyone here from up north heard otherwise?

·
Registered
122 Posts
The loaner I got on this deal was from Enterprise Rental. No charge to me, however, it was for a "base model car prefferebly Chrysler product". When I was picked up by Enterprise the car turned out to be a brand new Neon or something like it. VERY small. The Chrysler covg is for a base allowance... about $30.00 for the car. Disapointing to go to that from a "C" but...I squeezed into it and took it to work. Better than nothing I guess. The car does not come from the dealer, it is through Chrysler and whatever their program allows. They would give me an upgrade to a larger car if I paid the difference. Just an FYI

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mikeyjohn said:
I'm going to have to check that out here in Canada, because as far as I know they will give you a ride to wherever and pick you up. Anyone here from up north heard otherwise?
We are the poor relative here in Canada and we do not have the loaner deal.

On a local level my garage will always give me a loaner if my car is in overnight as I live somewhat rural and only have the one vehicle

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
limeyg said:
We are the poor relative here in Canada and we do not have the loaner deal.

On a local level my garage will always give me a loaner if my car is in overnight as I live somewhat rural and only have the one vehicle
I thought as much, but I also have a good relationship with my dealer so don't think I will have a problem with a loaner, after all I have spent a lot of money over the years with these DC dealers.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm looking at my "Premium Care Plan Provisions" and it states any Mechanical or Maintenance Service is covered. So it should cover oil changes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I hope DC doesn't try giving me a Neon. Cadillac, Lincoln, BMW & Lexus would not give a loaner equal to a Neon to one of their customers.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I took mine in for service. Pulled up in an Enterprise rental, RAV4 saw the registration was expired three months ago, I refused to take it. Enterprise sent over a replacement, it too had an expired reg, 5 months ago. The third car was a Maxima, good reg. Caddy always gave me a Caddy. My Lincoln dealer gave me a Merc product. One Lincoln dealer in Albany, Lazzare gave me an Enterprise rental, a new Caddy Deville! Nothing like letting the compatition in! I wish DC would provide a 300.

·
Registered
13 Posts
300CinLV said:
I hope DC doesn't try giving me a Neon. Cadillac, Lincoln, BMW & Lexus would not give a loaner equal to a Neon to one of their customers.
Acura would. If the service was going to be over an hour, for a while after I leased, I got an Integra. Then they got an in-house Enterprise, and after that I always got a PT Cruiser.

On an odd note, a friend took his old Civic to the Honda garage owned by the same group as my Acura dealer. He drove a late-model Accord while they replaced the axle on his busted Civic.

You might be better off using a dealer WITHOUT a car rental place on site. Or you might get the 10-year-old Olds diesel that was the ONLY loaner Cadillac ever gave us in 18 years (yep, still own it, but not because of great service. Or quality).

·
Registered
223 Posts
I called the 800# for Premium Care. They stated they will pay up to $30 a day for a rental. They won't necessarily provide a Chrysler. They added most dealerships have an on-premise car rental agency. Not that I've seen. They made it sound as though I had to pay up front and get reimbursed. I'm glad to hear that you folks didn't have to pay anything.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Either some Chrysler dealers don't know about the Premium Care Plan, and the free loaner, or they are intentionally giving false information.

When I picked up my car 3 days ago I specifically asked if a loaner car was free. I was told no. Loaner is only free if you buy the extended warranty.
I kept quizzing the dealer, and he finally "admitted" I might be right because he wasn't real familiar with Warranty. Jeezz.

Then today I went to another dealer to buy a locking gas cap, and where I will be getting my service done, and I asked the guy at the service desk about the free loaner. He also said standard warranty does not include the free loaner, but the extended warranty does.

Should we report these lying and/or misinformed dealers to Chrysler headquarters?
Or is there some hidden out, such as "only participating dealers".

These dealers are crooks if they are intentionally telling us incorrect info, expecting us to pay for their rental fees.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Giving them the benefit of the doubt, could it just be that the 'Premium Care' service is perhaps new and not all dealers know about it? If this is the case, we should all print out copies of this information from the Chrysler website and make sure that our dealers get edumacated real quick-like. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was given a ford focus when I took my car in. It was the worst car I have ever driven the loaner program really sucks they should at least give you a full size car

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have been getting a "gold key" rental through Enterprise every time i take my car in. That is the 40.00 dollar a day vehicle. both times they gave me a Chevy Colorado pickup. Not the greatest, but it beats getting a cavalier or neon or something like that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Actually, I signed the papers on my 300c on last Friday and was told that it should be here in a couple of weeks, I asked them since the loaners car is stated in my extended warranty paper which I paid an additional $695 and I have a payment coming due aren't I entitled to a loaner, they came back in 5 minutes with the paperwork and let me choose a car off the used lot, I picked out a 2004 Yukon Denali, this will hold me down until she gets here :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
My dealer has 3 PT Cruisers for loaners ... Take your 36k 300C in for service, get a 15k PT Cruiser !!! Got to love that 1

1 - 20 of 42 Posts