Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to wire up amp and subs using a LOC since I have 2006 Signature Series with navi and 6 cd changer. I was trying to find the wires to the two 6x9s to splice in LOC and the right 6x9 was already spliced or wrapped around with the sub wires. I thought it was just the left 6x9 wrapped and tapped in with it so I cut the right one and sub all at once. After I realized I was wondering if it was ok to splice left speaker wires of LOC to the Sub. Then I also was wondering where in the trunk to run remote wire to. I think there is a fuse box by the battery I'm wary to mess with it bc I don't want electrical issues but any info would be awesome. I'm an audio novice this is just my second install first with LOC.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've researched a lot and the main solution I've got is splice into pink with white stripe wire coming from fuse box, can anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
take care with it.

Normally the LOC takes a left and right signal. Make sure both the left and right signals have the same polarity when you wire the LOC or you will cancel the bass.

Fuse 18 or 35 in the rear fuse box by the battery. If you use fuse 18 make sure it is in the key on or accessory position.

I used fuse 35.

If you get a fuse tap it will be helpful and make it easy for you to connect your remote wire to the fuse without getting into too much trouble.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm my sure how to check polarity but I'm assuming if I just use the left and right 6x9s they should and I'll just use the fuse you did.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
the color codes for the wires should be in the FAQ.

you'll know if you have a problem as the bass won't sound quite right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts