Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
people have been bugging me to take pics of this.. about a month ago i purchased a replica spoiler from eBay (username thespoilercompany).. apparently they do 95% of their work with new car dealerships.

anyway, i ordered the spoiler.. it cost $85 shipped.. and it was primed.. so all i had to do was get it painted. i got it in 2 days.

i got it painted, and installed, and it looks very very nice. unfortunately, the jacka$$ who painted my stuff this last time did a mediocre job, so i might have him repaint it later on this Spring.

it goes on with double sided tape which is already placed on the wing for you. (no drilling, no nothing)...it first PERFECTLY, it is NOT 1" shorter than most other replicas. ive parked side by side to a SRT8 and the wing was nearly identical

without further ado, some pics:

mods to come this weekend: installing the color matched side markers and FINALLY installing my LED mirror covers. possibly some 22s before spring fling :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Not bad, and like you say its, "nearly identical". But the OEM spoiler is 3049230 times nicer.

I guess its like the real SRT lip vs the VIP lip....its close, but if you're into details there's a big difference.

Sorry, couldn't resist Hahahahahaha.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not bad, and like you say its, "nearly identical". But the OEM spoiler is 3049230 times nicer.

I guess its like the real SRT lip vs the VIP lip....its close, but if you're into details there's a big difference.

Sorry, couldn't resist Hahahahahaha.
i agree. the real thing will always look better than a replica.

·
Registered
690 Posts
i think it looks pretty good! just get a rear skirt, tails and wheels and ur fake srt will be done!

p.s, I really like the front end

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think it looks pretty good! just get a rear skirt, tails and wheels and ur fake srt will be done!

p.s, I really like the front end
i had wheels, sold em. trying to get some 22s now

definitely wont be rockin any srt logos.. im just trying to make a boring base model look nicer

·
Registered
630 Posts
i agree. the real thing will always look better than a replica.
OK, so now I have to ask. Why would you go to the expense of putting the real SRT front end on and then post how much better it is than the VIP lip, then not put a real SRT spoiler on?

Why put an ebay spoiler on?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so now I have to ask. Why would you go to the expense of putting the real SRT front end on and then post how much better it is than the VIP lip, then not put a real SRT spoiler on?

Why put an ebay spoiler on?
to be honest, i got my entire front end for less than the vip300c lip.. thats why. And i hadnt planned on putting and SRT front. I just wanted a 300c front. I just kinda fell into the SRT conversion.

and the spoiler i didnt want to spend $200 on.

·
Registered
241 Posts
now that's some funny sh** !!!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
What up Dave!

I say:

1. paint the side mirrors to match- $150
2. get some billet tech emblems for front and rear- $125
3. stealth chrome bulbs unless u have them already- $25
4. get some 300c led tails and black them out and leave reverse clear- $125
5. rear srt bumper- $300 painted
6. dual exhaust with 4" chrome rolled tips and flowmaster mufflers- $400
7. shave the rear 300 emblem- Free
8. get a better license frame or leave it just raw plate- $15
9. get a custom plate- $65
10. limo tint ALL the windows- $200
11. rear license lights like mine- $20

Around $1300 give or take a few hundred for install and your exterior will be COMPLETE!!! SICK!!! That's my opinion tho.....

You have plenty of time bro and your taste is better than most of the boring looking cars on this site.

Hey if the SRT styling is the best and you like the look....go for it!

But you're doing it the RIGHT WAY so any SRT owner should respect that it's done cleanly and in a tasteful minimal chrome blingd out level.....

You da man!!!

Your FAKE SRT will $HIT on 95% of the others who will be at the spring festival! LoL

We'll get together soon so we can check out each others rides!:cool:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
What up Dave!

I say:

1. paint the side mirrors to match- $150
2. get some billet tech emblems for front and rear- $125
3. stealth chrome bulbs unless u have them already- $25
4. get some 300c led tails and black them out and leave reverse clear- $125
5. rear srt bumper- $300 painted
6. dual exhaust with 4" chrome rolled tips and flowmaster mufflers- $400
7. shave the rear 300 emblem- Free
8. get a better license frame or leave it just raw plate- $15
9. get a custom plate- $65
10. limo tint ALL the windows- $200
11. rear license lights like mine- $20
here is what i think:
1- not painting the side mirrors. i have color matched LED mirror caps. they will be installed by this time tomorrow
2- i dont really want any BT stuff. i like the OEM emblems
3- stealth chrome bulbs for.... ? side markers are color matched (installing tomorrow).. and the ones in the headlights dont bother me really, i kinda like the amber there
4- ill probably get the K2 smoked LED tail lights
5- ill get the rear taken care of later.. i have other priorities first
6- dual exhaust i have. free :) just need to get installed when i get free time, possible end of march
7-ive been meaning to take off the "300" emblem from the trunk. ill do that sooner or later
8- ill leave the license plate raw
9- custom license plate ill get in a few years. its going to say "DDS" and hopefully on a nicer car than this
10- i will tint all my windows, 30%. i live in OC and LA.. cop hell.
11- rear license lights? as in LED plates? im going to get all my interior and exterior lights in LEDs in the future.

one thing you forgot are rims. im rolling on 17" stockers since i sold the 20" srt wheels. im looking at some 22" dropstars DS02 as we speak.

so for way less than the estimated $1300 you're suggesting, ill still be $hittin on others ;)

ill hit you up tonight, i got no plans as of yet. i want to see your beast

·
Registered
89 Posts
I took wanna's advice and bought the same spoiler off Ebay. Love it! It is a tad short on either side, but I can live with it for $100 painted to my door. I'll try and take some pics today if I find time.

·
Registered
666 Posts
where did you get the front facia lip spoiler? looks great
I scarped the hell out the bottom of the oem 300c facia, looks like the lip would cover all that nicely

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took wanna's advice and bought the same spoiler off Ebay. Love it! It is a tad short on either side, but I can live with it for $100 painted to my door. I'll try and take some pics today if I find time.
look at OEM.. also a tad short

·
Registered
859 Posts
You say you are going to have your paint guy re-shoot the spoiler. Why?
It looks good to me, the color seems to match quite well, and there does not
seem to be any orange peel in the paint.

I am just curious what is wrong with the paint. There has to be something
we can't see in the pictures that shows up when you see it in person.

Jim

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i was the one that wanted to get it repainted...

JGgarrison purchased his pre-painted

i bought mine primed.. and had my body shop paint it.. i didnt like it.. but its fine now.. doesnt bother me nor anyone else

1 - 20 of 23 Posts