Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
crhemi said:
How much did it cost to have them installed on your 300's?
$300 is about the avg. I see you also ordered the faslhpaq as I did. Hope you will have fun after the header install.. it will make a big boost in performance, something you will notice right away. Now when coupled with the superchip tuner it should even be more fun.. but at least wait until the header download is availible. Hate to see a 300c go boom and 40k go down the tube.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
300c ya said:
$300 is about the avg. I see you also ordered the faslhpaq as I did. Hope you will have fun after the header install.. it will make a big boost in performance, something you will notice right away. Now when coupled with the superchip tuner it should even be more fun.. but at least wait until the header download is availible. Hate to see a 300c go boom and 40k go down the tube.
Ya, headers are in the future (distant) plan.

·
Registered
22 Posts
crhemi said:
Ya, headers are in the future (distant) plan.
First of all.. you have a plan... present or futre you will have fun doing it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I paid 400 for the installation of mine.
Good deal. Took em all day and they usually charge 90 an hour.
great guys.
da video:
http://grinnerhester.com/headers.html
I wouldn't go with long tubes if I had it to do again. I love the sound bigtime but it makes me not a candidate for the flashpaq and that's a major freakin bummer.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
grinner said:
I paid 400 for the installation of mine.
Good deal. Took em all day and they usually charge 90 an hour.
great guys.
da video:
http://grinnerhester.com/headers.html
I wouldn't go with long tubes if I had it to do again. I love the sound bigtime but it makes me not a candidate for the flashpaq and that's a major freakin bummer.
Dont worry grinner s/c will have an upgrade for headers soon. I would say within 90 days they will have a program for long tube headers.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
I know because I am considering the headers myself. You wouldnt happent to have a sound clip would you or I could give you my number and you could call me and let me hear it over the phone. LOL

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GEN XER said:
Dont worry grinner s/c will have an upgrade for headers soon. I would say within 90 days they will have a program for long tube headers.
And that's why it's a future mod for me.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
crhemi said:
Im with you crhemi we are kind off in an impasse here dont want to buy one w/o knowing I can have the other one work with it. I am leaning more toward the tuner once some of the members start there reviews off it, because I can always add the headers. The tuner will allow a catback with my current OEM headers after all and that is probably a good setup by itself.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
This is a relatively new car and we have to give the programmers time to make the right changes for us.

Headers have been around longer than SC or hypertech. Throw on the long tubes and enjoy that mod until more items come down the pike for us to pick up, for the ride.

Just a heads up. I know we need beta testers to give them feedback, etc. I had Hypertech with my 96 Impala and I have it now on my Ford-F 250. From my experience, I wait until at least the 3rd version is available to us and most of the bugs, worked out. By that version, you will have all the settings you need to change for tire height, long tubes, shift points, rev limiters, etc.

I didn't have the Hypertech for my truck, until almost 1.5 years of ownership. Just my .02

Fix your car up the way you want it now. Wheels, stereo, exhaust, etc. Do everything to it and leave the programmer as the last thing you add. That way it will make the time go faster, doing all the other items, until the de-bugged programmers are ready.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Looks like you may have to wait a little longer than expected grinner, given all the problems some are having with the tuners. SC may be tied up trying to remedy these for a while. :dead1:

·
Registered
701 Posts
GEN XER said:
Looks like you may have to wait a little longer than expected grinner, given all the problems some are having with the tuners. SC may be tied up trying to remedy these for a while. :dead1:
I don't think that's what happened. SC writes a separate program (or branch within their program) for each version of the engine software. They didn't have all those versions available for their development testing, but apparently the customization they must do is minimal. Chrysler isn't giving them any help.

So they got a bunch of people to order the units, and when those people tried to use them they received a message to upload their engine software to SC. SC has received all these versions of original software, and over the past weekend or so they hurriedly wrote a new version of their software that handles the cases of all those software versions, and they have now made that available.

Over the next few days there should be a slew of reports of happy customers. If that doesn't happen, then it's not as simple as I think.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
artichoke said:
I don't think that's what happened. SC writes a separate program (or branch within their program) for each version of the engine software. They didn't have all those versions available for their development testing, but apparently the customization they must do is minimal. Chrysler isn't giving them any help.

So they got a bunch of people to order the units, and when those people tried to use them they received a message to upload their engine software to SC. SC has received all these versions of original software, and over the past weekend or so they hurriedly wrote a new version of their software that handles the cases of all those software versions, and they have now made that available.

Over the next few days there should be a slew of reports of happy customers. If that doesn't happen, then it's not as simple as I think.
Thanks Artichoke, I am aware of the issues. I was just being facetious. Im just an A** that way sometimes. I think its inherited. LOL:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
crhemi said:
Now if you had headers and just received the flaspaq from superchips like I did you will find yourself thinking should I go for it.. and plug and play. I have read the manual 3 times and there is no warning regarding the use of headers or other exhaust systems.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Superchips & LT headers

300c ya said:
Now if you had headers and just received the flaspaq from superchips like I did you will find yourself thinking should I go for it.. and plug and play. I have read the manual 3 times and there is no warning regarding the use of headers or other exhaust systems.
True but Superchips did say not to use with long tube headers until they update a tune for them. That's what I'm going by.
Hey, I don't have it (headers) yet but I got Flashpaq:naughty:

·
Registered
22 Posts
crhemi said:
True but Superchips did say not to use with long tube headers until they update a tune for them. That's what I'm going by.
Hey, I don't have it (headers) yet but I got Flashpaq:naughty:
I also read that..oh well good luck with the tuner you should have some fun with it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts