Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TZ finally got tired of me harrassing him about getting these for me because today they showed up. These are the 3D type that I believe only TZ makes...they sit flush to front lens housing unlike the other one's out there that are flat to the lens cover.

I've got to get them primed and painted but that is going to have to wait a bit as I am out of town for a week starting tomorrow. I'll post up some pics when installed.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Nice! I believe bruno got one of the prototypes at SF, but sadly they were ruined after the accident.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rambit..you are correct....Bruno gave me some helpful hints on how to install...

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
goherd,
Congratulations! This is such good news! Talk about being the squeaky wheel...it definitely paid off.

Now, hurry up and get them primed, painted, and clear coated. I can't wait to see the only other person who has this unique mod.

Rambit...the good news is that mine were not ruined at all in the accident. I just hope they haven't been ripped off while sitting in that body shop yard since April 1.

It was the front, driver's side edge of TZ's chin spoiler that was damaged. But, I was told it would be repaired since it's made from fiberglass.

Good luck, goherd!
bruno

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
It was the front, driver's side edge of TZ's chin spoiler that was damaged. But, I was told it would be repaired since it's made from fiberglass.
Oops! Sorry, I thought you told me they were ruined.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
goherd,
Congratulations! This is such good news! Talk about being the squeaky wheel...it definitely paid off.

Now, hurry up and get them primed, painted, and clear coated. I can't wait to see the only other person who has this unique mod.

Rambit...the good news is that mine were not ruined at all in the accident. I just hope they haven't been ripped off while sitting in that body shop yard since April 1.

Good luck, goherd!
bruno

Bruno I had to take the KNIFE to it a bit as you mentioned they did with yours and it worked great. I put them on with some 3m just to see how they would look and it was perfect. Tonight I will sand and prime...not sure if I will have enough time to paint.

Tomorrow we take the kiddies to Disney for a week in the Minivan so it will have to wait awhile before complete........

Is there any others that have this besides yourself and I?

I think TZ is going to mass produce these but not painted as each one will have to be TWEAKED a bit by each owner prior to getting painted.

I'll post pics as soon as I can...again thanks for the kind words.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
So far, it's just you and me! Selfishly, I would like us to be the only ones. Still not sure if TZ is going to do this mod for others.

Have a great trip with the fam at DisneyWorld. I'm currently driving a rented Dodge Grand Caravan, something that is definitely not me! I miss my C....

See you around in a week!
bruno

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was able to sand/prime/paint and clear late last night...sorry no pics before I had to rush out this morning w/the family. I should be able to post up some pics installed next Sunday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts