Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a dealer near where I live has a NEW 2006 SRT8 (all options minus rear DVD) with 200 miles on it and they are asking $37,000. I am sure that they are willing to work considering that this is an '06 and its still sitting on their lot. I'm not too sure how my supplier discount would work considering they moved to this to a "used car" status, but I guess that's something I can work out with the dealer.

Any input from anyone? Price/options/2006 problems/issues?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Too high for an 06...... I thought they were in the 30-32 range now??

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
I would check KBB for a reasonable price range. Like CUEBALL, I'm thinking maybe $32K. It might be a brand new car, but it will be considered nothing but a used, two years old SRT the moment you drive this 'new' car off the lot and you will have lost thousands of dollars if you pay anything near the asking price.

You should definitely be able to work a good price with the dealership. How much longer do they plan to pay inventory tax on a two year old vehicle?

Good luck with your possible negotiations.

bruno

·
Registered
18 Posts
A 2006 CSRT8 fully loaded all options, never titled with 6 miles just sold on eBay for $33,250.00

eBay Item number: 330216031207

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I thought that was the current range.. thanks Bruno!!

BTW, Sure has been a while since I had a PM... you need to get busy or I'll feel neglected. :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Don't pay that. I bought mine a year ago with the DVD for 35. And it had 8 miles on it!!

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
I thought that was the current range.. thanks Bruno!!

BTW, Sure has been a while since I had a PM... you need to get busy or I'll feel neglected. :)
I'm in trouble! What would you like me to send you this time? I actually have one for you but have been putting it off! I take it you're still 'here'.

bruno

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I'm 'here' until a window of 10-15 April, after that ?????

·
Registered
526 Posts
If they are classifying this as a used car you won't get the SRT track experience and you lose your lemon law protection. Buyer beware.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The cheapest 2006 300C SRT-8 i've seen up here (Vancouver) was $35,000(CDN) but it had high mileage. I've seen a few cheap ones pop up back East but most of them have been driven in snow/salt.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought my 06 CSRT8 at the end of 06 with 3,000 mi and got it for 32k, you should be able to get it down to at least there, considering the gas prices and all. This car will just sit on the lot because most people don't want to pay for the gas.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ditto on the new purchase, got an 06 CSRT8 with 6K on the odo for 28K...with the DVD.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thansk for all the responses! Maybe the forums have watered down my view on SRT8's, but dealers seem to think they have a Lambo on the lot with the way they treat the price. I'm going to have to widen my search. :fing02:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought my new 06 in June of 07. It had less than 50 miles and I only paid $35k. It's loaded except for rear DVD and no kicker system. I would think the dealer should come down more... but it should be a good buy either way if you want a new SRT8 and not a used one

·
Registered
626 Posts
If they are classifying this as a used car you won't get the SRT track experience and you lose your lemon law protection. Buyer beware.
Also with the low interest rate you could get on an '08 you would probly end up paying less or the same in the end for a new one.

Depending on the build date that '06 might have the old rotors, the leaky trans o-ring, the memory seats with amneisia, the bad tie rod ends, and the crappy DVD based nav.

The '08 will have the better interior, adaptive cruise, My-gig...

·
Registered
95 Posts
The '08s interior is much better than the '06. I love the all black interior and really don't care for all the beige in my '06.

Beige? Mine only has black on the interior and some gray. My exterior is black as well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts