Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, have been a member here for a long time, but I am not sure I have ever posted. Anyways, later this summer I am looking to pick up an 05 300C. I just have a few questions. What kind of gas mileage are you guys averaging in these cars? Looking at an 05 particualarly, what kind of issues do they face? Anything common? How is the insurance pricing? Do you know if the insurance would be cheaper or about the same on a Magnum R/T (isn't Magnum classified as a truck?) I have found a number of 05 300Cs for decent prices (18k or so) and would rather have one of them than some half equipped economy car (especially as I have always had larger cars and even now drive a 93 Cadillac Fleetwood) and I really like the Hemi/5 speed auto combo. Thanks for entertaining my questions!

·
Registered
618 Posts
I don't have any insurance issues. Mind you I'm older ( late forties) and insure all property with same company. Gas milage is determined by weight of foot ( I've put non-MDS lifters in mine and still get high teens on the Highway).The only thing that bothered me, before I put the racing block in, was a ticking noise that seems common on MDS models.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Probably the most common thing is the O-Ring leak, but that's well known and easily fixable with the TSB. Most every problem has long since been identified and there are TSB's for them as well. All in all the car's pretty sound. There are a few electrical gremlins though.

I'll say you've been here a long time! You beat me here. You got some serious catching up to do!!!

My suggestion is to peruse this forum - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/problems-dealer-service/ to get an idea of the common problems that have been found.

Here's the TSB forum where you can read items that have been identified - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ts...-tsbs-recalls-issued-2005-2008-lx-models.html.

Bernie

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies :D Now I am just wondering if I want to go for a C or save up a bit longer for a LX SRT, Hmmmm, biggest worry with the SRT is gas mileage though. What are the SRT guys pulling for average (mixed) exonomy?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I bought a mint 2005 300c for $21k with 24k miles on it
had it almost a year i average around 18 city 24 highway
if i drive like a my grandmother, if i dont pay attention
i get 16+ aveage i mostly drive around town,

love the looks, power, hate the way the car handles
feels like a old caddy, hate the way the car shifts
feels sloppy at low speeds

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
hate the way the car handles
feels like a old caddy, hate the way the car shifts
feels sloppy at low speeds
Sounds like you need to pull fuse 11 to me. After that DRIVE (with spirit) it!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
378 Posts
my fuel consumption is 15.6 currently with 95% highways. But i drive at around 100 mph and sometimes more. I go to work early morning and leave late at night so no traffic to worry about. I give my car about 10min warm up time i know i only need 2 or 3 minutes but i like more car warm before i get in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I picked up an 05 300c in january with 60,000 miles for $15,000. My buddy works at a lot and got me an awesome deal. as for fuel economy with my wife driving it averages 18-19 between city and hwy. She has a little bit of a lead foot so that's not to bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After thinking about it, i am leaning back towards the Charger because of the Road/Track package. I don't think anything similar was offered for the 300C was it?

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
After thinking about it, i am leaning back towards the Charger because of the Road/Track package. I don't think anything similar was offered for the 300C was it?
If you're comparing the Daytona R/T, the 300C SRTDG is the same as far as performance and suspension are concerned.

Bernie

·
Registered
378 Posts
whatever suits your personality go for it. What is the road and track package? and how much more is it? you could probibly just modify the car yourself and have better results

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
SRTDG, is just like an ugraded suspension/exhaust/seats/PCM like the RRoad and Track R/Ts? Does it get the SRT seats also? is there anyway to recognize one from the interior or exterior? Also, what yeasrs has it been available in? We are not talking about the SRT8, right?

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
SRTDG, is just like an ugraded suspension/exhaust/seats/PCM like the RRoad and Track R/Ts? Does it get the SRT seats also? is there anyway to recognize one from the interior or exterior? Also, what yeasrs has it been available in? We are not talking about the SRT8, right?
I think the SRTDG came out in 2007. Here's what it comes with:

20" x 8.0" Ultra-Bright Aluminum Wheels
245/45VR20 BSW All Season Performance Tires
Body-Color Door Handles
Body-Color Exterior Mirrors
High Speed Engine Controller
Leather-Wrapped Shift Knob
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Load Leveling and Height Control
Performance Exhaust
Performance Seats with Perforated Suede Microfiber
Performance Steering
Performance Suspension
Multi-Function Power Folding Mirrors
SRT Design Badge
Trunklid Spoiler

Bernie

·
Registered
630 Posts
I think the SRTDG came out in 2007. Here's what it comes with:

20" x 8.0" Ultra-Bright Aluminum Wheels
245/45VR20 BSW All Season Performance Tires
Body-Color Door Handles
Body-Color Exterior Mirrors
High Speed Engine Controller
Leather-Wrapped Shift Knob
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Load Leveling and Height Control
Performance Exhaust
Performance Seats with Perforated Suede Microfiber
Performance Steering
Performance Suspension
Multi-Function Power Folding Mirrors
SRT Design Badge
Trunklid Spoiler

Bernie
Or you can get a '06 Heritage edition, which also gives you the Charger R/T package, except it has the 18" wheels and more chrome. Same performance upgrades including the SRT seats, except instead of Suede inserts it has perforated leather.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Or you can get a '06 Heritage edition, which also gives you the Charger R/T package, except it has the 18" wheels and more chrome. Same performance upgrades including the SRT seats, except instead of Suede inserts it has perforated leather.
Yes you're right Chase!

Bernie

·
Registered
771 Posts
Stew, you ask about the gas milage with the SRT8. I'm getting 14 in town and 22 on the hwy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Searched through autotrader last night and didn't either one, apparently, that will be a hard one to locate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts