Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise where to get this 6 pin black connector plug? I am trying to connect the C2R-CHY Made by PAC to the PF-SWI-CAN made by Precision Interface Electronics.
Is this product a cheap knock-off of PAC products? Is the connector available anywhere?

Attachments

·
Registered
683 Posts
It looks like a type of Mulux connector. If you search Mouser or Digikey for connectors and then square connectors, single row, 6-pin that should narrow it down. Then just start looking at the data sheets or catalog pages linked on the products and match them up. Also you might want to measure the pitch (spacing between pins) that can help.

·
Registered
541 Posts
It looks like a type of Mulux connector. If you search Mouser or Digikey for connectors and then square connectors, single row, 6-pin that should narrow it down. Then just start looking at the data sheets or catalog pages linked on the products and match them up. Also you might want to measure the pitch (spacing between pins) that can help.
I think you may be referring to a Molex connector (not Mulux).

It actually looks like an AMP product to me.

Check here: http://www.mouser.com/catalog/634/1361.pdf (figure C). Those have a 3mm pitch, however, and it looks more like .156" pitch from the photos (although it is very hard to tell).

Double check everything before you buy. Caveat emptor.

If you're not afraid to modify the unit, you can buy two more common mating connectors and replace the offending, hard to find connectors... In either case, though, you may need a custom crimping tool to crimp the connectors, which is usually some $$$ (anywhere from $30 to over $100), which may make the effort not worth it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Those have a 3mm pitch, however, and it looks more like .156" pitch from the photos (although it is very hard to tell).
I may be wrong about the .156" pitch. I just realized that your second picture had the back of a product top for size reference (the cardboard top piece of a product that might be hung on a rack for display), so the connector appears to be smaller than I originally thought.

In any case, measure and ask questions to make sure you've found the correct mating connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts