Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, anyone know where I can go on the net for RELIABLE color information on upcoming model years? I have now heard/read rumors that the Lava Red, Jade, and Midnight Blue are no longer available, and cannot be ordered.

I find it hard to believe that three color choices are dropped after one year of production. If it is true, they will have three new colors replacing them. Anyone know what they are or might be? It is pretty important to me to know, so when I go order my car (very soon), I will know whether to deal on a car on the lot (of a color I want) or to wait for the "new" colors.

Any and ALL help or information is GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
188 Posts
problem solved.....get black! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No ofense to anyone, but 3 colors I would NEVER get are white, black, and silver. Just the way I am, that's all. Some people love 'em, and I am sure others hate red, blue, etc.

I just don't know what to do about the color choices.

·
Registered
440 Posts
TLwiz said:
No ofense to anyone, but 3 colors I would NEVER get are white, black, and silver. Just the way I am, that's all. Some people love 'em, and I am sure others hate red, blue, etc.

The Lava is a rare color. It almost looks to be a chocolate color like a chocolate lab.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Dlr

I call my Deep Lava Red. Black Cherry. It has also been called Root Beer.

·
Registered
296 Posts
i have seen more cool vanillas on the road than any other color,went to saint louis counted six white one silver that was on i-70 between tndy and st louis.

·
Registered
731 Posts
TLwiz said:

The how about Cool Vanilla. It isn't white you know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've not seen any official information yet, and certainly nothing on new colors. I had read on the forum about colors being dropped before accepting delivery of my blue 300C on 10/29. During the feature walk-through of the car, while the salesman tried to find something I didn't already know about the C from reading the forum and reviews, I asked if he'd heard anything about some colors being discontinued. He indicated that they had been notified that would be happening, and listed the same color names as the earlier posting. So it seems reliable to me. But so long as the current colors are listed on the "built it" area of Chrysler's web site, expect to still be able to walk into a dealer and order those colors. Whether that might lead to problems later in the manufacturing process for orders that don't get allocated quickly; that's a different matter.

The earlier thread had a comment about Chrysler changing paint vendors. Maybe that is a factor, dunno. At more than one dealership when I mentioned that the color choice was tough when ordering, they said they'd gotten many comments about the darker colors being too dark. One sales manager, who they made a point of saying has been selling Chryslers for 30 years, said it was the most unusual choice of colors he'd seen. Not suggesting there is anything wrong with the colors, but with so many people I know also saying they wouldn't want such dark colors just because of the cleaning issues, feedback and sales ratios for those colors might also be an influence. Almost every C and non-C 300 I've seen on lots and around this area have been Vanilla or Silver, and if that's widespread it could influence a re-think.

I'm happy with my Midnight Blue C, and it will be fine with me if they discontinue blue and make it more rare. Like you, my personal preference leans away from black, silver, and whitish paints. If the discontinuation does happen, there are bound to be new colors announced. Then it would tend to be a question of if you are willing to wait that long, because adding that wait to the existing ordering delays could make it a very long time before you get your car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts