Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Looking for information on Winter rims and tires.

5K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Fisch 
#1 ·
Getting my first 300C tomorrow and would like to find some inexpensive rims and winter driving tires to replace the stock 18" wheels. Can I use a 17" wheel or 16" and would they clear the caliper? What tire should I use for the rear wheel drive in Ohio snow? Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
Welcome to 3CF from Columbus! What part of amish country are you in?

Not positive about the caliper clearance on the smaller wheels. I know some people do run smaller wheels - but it probably depends on the specific design for actual caliper clearance. I'm sure someone will chime in who has done it.

I have aftermarket 20" wheels that I use with my summer tires, so I use my stock 18" C wheels for my winter rubber. I'm currently using Cooper Weather-Master WSC 235/60/18 on all four. I love them. I've also used Bridgestone Blizzaks, and they might have been even a bit better in slushy conditions, but they also cost more too.

Reactions: OhioDavidBS
#3 ·
I also have aftermarket 20" wheels for summer and use the 18" stock wheels with blizzaks in winter. They are an awesome tire. I am picking up a 2012 300 SRT8 next Friday and I am using 20" Charger 5 spoke replicas with Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow so I will let you know how they work out.

#9 ·
Check out Central Ohio Mopar Club - We're basically based in Columbus, but we have a growing Cleveland crowd so we are planning more northern cruises between here and Cleveland next year. Maybe you can catch a couple of our meet-n-greets - always looking for more 300's for the club! :fing02:

#10 ·
I drove my 300C in 4 to 6 inches of snow for the first time today. I use the stock 18" wheels and last week put on new Yokahama YK580's. No problems at all! My car turned, stopped and took off great. The traction control only kicked in two or three times on a 25 mile trip. I was passing a lot of other cars too. Before the Yokahamas I had General Altimaxs. They were totally scary in one inch of snow. Not that the 300C is a snowmobile but now I know I can drive it year round.

#11 ·
Update...On Winter Tires. Soon after I posted this thread, we got a weeks advanced warning of an upcoming snow storm on the way. I looked into Craigs List "Auto Parts" and low and behold there were 2 almost new, Firestone Winterforce 225/60R18's for sale about 40 miles from here. Contacted the seller, he met me halfway and I bought them, got them mounted just before the storm hit and all is well. Thanks for all the input and advice.

#14 ·
Good to hear. How did they perform in this mess?

Would you believe my lazy ass STILL has my summer rubber on - and they are near bald ultra high performance 275 summer tires.... it's been quite a blast sliding all over Columbus! :)

#13 ·
You may want to get another 2 so you lessen the possibility of spinning out. I have yet to try the pirelli's, but did drive with the stock GY Summer tires through a snow storm in the Berkshire Mnts. You have to turn off stability control going up hill because you have zero traction and the wheels just stop turning. I was sideways for most of the ride. It was scary and fun the entire time. My crazy son wanted to take the car out after we got home so he could "have soon fun"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.