Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Hello fellow car people

Im chasing these plugs , one is the front bumper clip that located near the bonnet latch, and the other wheel arch cover clip..

Can someone please tell where i can chase these parts down or what part number etc they are

thanks
It would be helpful to know what you drive.

With that said, while you might be able to chase down part numbers online, I think you'll find that OEM fasteners are outrageously expensive, and going by aftermarket part numbers can be challenging, since there's not much standardization among manufacturers. The way most plastic auto fasteners are marketed and sold is by type and dimensions. You can pick a source (say, for example, that big auction website, or that other big website named after a river in South America) and type in a general search like "7mm push clip" or "8mm push clip". You'll usually find clear illustrations giving at least the hole size, or ideally, the dimensions of each of the fastener components, as shown in the attached pic.

You can usually approximate what you need by measuring the existing fasteners and comparing the fastener appearance to the ones offered for sale.

For what it's worth, for the front bumper cover on my '05 Chrysler 300C, I used part number 6957316603040 from Gooac Auto Parts. For the fender liners, I just compared the originals to my selection of fasteners and used what I had in hand, so I can't give you a part number.
Bicycle part Line Font Auto part Event

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be helpful to know what you drive.

With that said, while you might be able to chase down part numbers online, I think you'll find that OEM fasteners are outrageously expensive, and going by aftermarket part numbers can be challenging, since there's not much standardization among manufacturers. The way most plastic auto fasteners are marketed and sold is by type and dimensions. You can pick a source (say, for example, that big auction website, or that other big website named after a river in South America) and type in a general search like "7mm push clip" or "8mm push clip". You'll usually find clear illustrations giving at least the hole size, or ideally, the dimensions of each of the fastener components, as shown in the attached pic.

You can usually approximate what you need by measuring the existing fasteners and comparing the fastener appearance to the ones offered for sale.

For what it's worth, for the front bumper cover on my '05 Chrysler 300C, I used part number 6957316603040 from Gooac Auto Parts. For the fender liners, I just compared the originals to my selection of fasteners and used what I had in hand, so I can't give you a part number. View attachment 177507
oops, my bad. 1st gen SRT8 300C

·
Registered
122 Posts
I need the exact same ones. About to go out and buy some, but hardly anyone here has them (Oz).

I may just go the route of the "huge box of clips on Ebay for $30" as some of those look like the orig ones.

The ones shown above with the threads will do if same size, and you can get those.

When I pulled my nose cone off years ago to change my grille, I noticed the original ones were very hard to get.

So what I used then were "plastic pop rivets" which I find superior, as they expand more. The orig ones often can pop out if the hole a bit elongated; the rivets don't. They are really common. Down side is not re-usable (cut to remove); but not a problem as they come in large batches. Also have to buy the "rivetting tool" but that was cheap on Amazon.

Recently I went through a large puddle that I didn't see until last minute/very deep. Only at 60 kmh; but it tore off the lower plastic cover (underneath, around where front wheel arch mudflap goes), split it in two places, twisted it under the car, was scraping. Was only half a mile from home, so....... Chrysler call it a "torque box cover".

I have ordered a new one, old one is back on the car with devcon like epoxy on it. But that reminded me I would like to find the orig clips.

I will be going to Repco/Supercheap next few days and look again. If I can't get them, when I pick the new cover up, I will price them at the dealer (I'll take a valium first).

If that fails, I'll order the Ebay "box of tricks". Just more junk for my garage. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts