Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 2013 300C John Varvatos, and everything is great, but I was unaware that it didn't have the uApps feature. Oh well, I would like to have something to that sort or Android Auto like, so I was wondering if anyone could share some mods or have some tips.

I've done quite a bit of searching, but I mostly seeing replacement units.

I do want to keep my stock 8.4 in there, but didn't know if anyone had any tips to enhance my audio experience.

I wouldn't even be opposed to installing a bracket that fits over the compartment below the 8.4.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Unfortunately the radio in this series isn't moddable and it doesn't support any additional apps.

You could pair your android phone to it and use the phones features. When I'm not using Uconnect, I use the bluetooth interface and use my Note 4 pretty much that way. If you got a good cradle for your smartphone, you could do the same. Get whatever apps you planned to use on your phone and use the phone via bluetooth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured. I will probably do what you said, it's sad that it doesn't pass bluetooth audio information. Oh well, everything else on the car is great. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I figured. I will probably do what you said, it's sad that it doesn't pass bluetooth audio information. Oh well, everything else on the car is great. Thanks!
The system does support bluetooth audio, but you don't get metadata. What I meant in my post was that I paired my Note 4 to the radio and use the music apps on the phone. Any apps that would have been added to the radio can be added to the phone instead and you'd use the link between the phone and the car to get the audio through the radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts