Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey everyone I am looking to buy a 300 can somebody please let me know the problems they have encountered with their cars and what you think about the 300?
I have a 2020 300s 5.7 V8, bought new in October of 2020, Black on Black with the following options:

Premium Group 1
Mopar Interior Decor Group
Alpine Audio Group
Alloy Appearance Group

My car does NOT have:

Premium Group 2
Red 'S' Appearance Package.

Keep in mind this car was designed when Diamler Chrysler was the owner and heavily based on the E class Mercedes of the period. The original 5 speed automatic was a Diamler supplied device, switching over to the U.S. built ZF 8 speed automatic in 2013. Nothing but superlatives. Chrysler recommends nothing less than 89-90 mid grade fuel for the 5.7 and 91-93 premium grade for best mileage/performance. 87 regular grade acceptable in the 3.6 V6. I use 93 (E0) premium fuel and ask for the dealer synthetic oil change package at the annual dealer service.

The 8.4 UConnect/Nav unit was buggy early on - I phoned UConnect, was advised to perform a 'soft reset' - problem solved. UConnect will do most updates over the air automatically but not all. I did the map update myself (USB stick) that also included a firmware update (also USB stick - costs involved). Don't be afraid to do it yourself - plenty of people on these boards should be able to help you.

Free SiriusXM Guardian for 6 months (similar to OnStar) then you have to pay a yearly or monthly subscription. Free Sirius XM radio service for 6 months? and AT&T 4G LTE service free for 6 months? I paid to extend all of my services. Regarding SiriusXM radio service - never pay full price. Guardian comes in three packages - pay for what you need. The AT&T package is also fixed priced, but I do get a discount on a second vehicle of mine (2019 Ford Ranger Lariat) that gets the same service.

A phenomenal car - very happy with it. I came from a 2004 Mercury Marauder. The Mercury was/is a very good car but the 300 is far more up to date. Some parts for the limited run Marauder are getting hard to find. It will be a sad day when the 300/Charger go out of production late next year.

My car:

Wheel Car Cloud Land vehicle Tire

·
Registered
431 Posts
I quite like my 2012 loaded 300c with 55k miles. In fact I'll have another soon now. However, my car has not been particularly reliable. Power steering pump, ft. suspension, steering wheel sw. cluster, AC, back up camera, cruse control software,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts