Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i am looking at 2 300 Touring's. specs are the exactly the same on both models. only difference is the color. one dealer has it on his lot and site for $24,795 with 12845 miles ( i have the dealer talked down to $20000 not including taxes and tags.... so 21200 i would think)

https://apps.fivestardealers.com/ve...&pid=&rid=&bid=&daaXmlPath=&dealerBrand=Multi

and the other dealer has one on his lot for $19995 with 17000 miles

https://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/Pr...ng=en&webKey=&adid=&pid=&rid=&bid=&daaXmlPath=

i went and test drove the second listing above and the steering wheel shook very hard when i would hit the breaks. the salesman said its because the car hasn't been driven in a while. and said how they fix this is drive the car backwards around the lot for 20 minutes and it will fix it. i don't buy it. then i called a friend and he said that the rotors need to be replaced or shaved, since they are made out of cheap steel. just looking for some other thoughts. also i saw the carfax for this one and it showed one owner from canada.

i am going to test drive the first link above tomorrow to see how this runs. i would like to see the carfax on this vin if anyone is able to help me out please... vin# 2C3KK53G77H696262 email: [email protected]

is the 2007 300 Tourning a good model or good car to get, i was leaning this way cause i didn't want a RWD and rather have the AWD.

thanks and please comment

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Don't rush.

i went and test drove the second listing above and the steering wheel shook very hard when i would hit the breaks. the salesman said its because the car hasn't been driven in a while. and said how they fix this is drive the car backwards around the lot for 20 minutes and it will fix it.
Driving backwards for 20 minutes to fix a balancing problem??? :pat:
These guys are obviously idiots. :twak: Run as far from this car as you can. There will be thousands of 300s on the market for you to choose from.
You'll soon find your dream ride.:arms:

The Touring is like a 300C with a smaller engine. It's light years better than the 2.7 (judging by what I have read), but lacks the oomph and finesse (and the 12mpg fuel milage) of the Hemi.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Driving backwards for 20 minutes to fix a balancing problem??? :pat:
These guys are obviously idiots. :twak: Run as far from this car as you can. There will be thousands of 300s on the market for you to choose from.
You'll soon find your dream ride.:arms:
Jeez, in the old days that's what you did to adjust drum brakes by pumping them while in reverse...haha.

I'd be concerned about the front end too, very concerned.

Bernie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts