Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
My PCP deal with BMW ends soon and I’m interested in getting a 300C. Would love a hemi but can’t stretch that much.
What should I be looking for on these cars? Any common faults?Which year, model, engine?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Hi there
My PCP deal with BMW ends soon and I’m interested in getting a 300C. Would love a hemi but can’t stretch that much.
What should I be looking for on these cars? Any common faults?Which year, model, engine?
How much time have you got? Off the top of my head...

2.7 V-6 is a hand grenade with the pin pulled

05-08 5.7 Hemi suffers from poorly-designed valve seats (Google "hemi dropped valve seat", without the quotes, to learn more

09-up Improved Eagle 5.7 Hemi has a tendency for roller lifters to sieze, wiping out the cam

Weak, spindly front end parts wear out prematurely and cause rattles and clunks that are maddening to track down

Peeling door panels

Electrical gremlins that lead to mutliple DTCs, limp mode, failure to start, wipers that won't shut off, etc

Bubbling, ghosting and glitching FUconnect displays

Bluetooth modules tend to fail, they're proprietary and expensive

Front suspension is adjustable for toe only, if your caster or camber specs are off, you have to literally shift the engine cradle to try and correct

Power adjustable rear window blinds are a common failure point

Sunroof drains tend to become clogged and have to be cleared carefully to avoid damage

Chrysler routinely discontinues essential parts, like ABS modules and SRT suspension pieces

1 - 2 of 2 Posts