Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited my dealership today to cover some details regarding my AWD C (which should arrive between now and next Tuesday). Before leaving I asked to have a clean printout of the MSRP vs. Invoice breakdown. When I got home I glanced at it and noticed my old figures were a couple of hundred bucks off?!

I followed it to the route of the problem: The *new* MSRP is now $225 MORE than last calendar year’s @ $34,420 from $34,195. (New "invoice" is $202 higher than last years)

Confused, and uncertain, I mocked up a "Build it" on Chrysler.com... Same result - $225 more than during my Christmas Day "Built it"!

Look like it wasn’t the dealership pullin’ a fast one, rather DCX! Sneaky bastards, eh?

I won't bring it up when it the car arrives, but I’ll be prepared to defend my original price in November :D

Just wanted to let you guys know :cool:

BTW, did anyone else find this to be certain during their 2005 calendar year purchase? Even on other trim levels/variations?

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
The price they quoted on your sales contract when you signed the deal will be the price you pay for the car. Any subsequent price increases only applied to those purchasing now.

This happens all the time, as manufacturers adjust prices. Occasionally, a price will drop on a specific model. Some customers expect to get the new lower price but the dealer is within his rights to stick to the price on the original deal.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Northern Rider said:
The price they quoted on your sales contract when you signed the deal will be the price you pay for the car. Any subsequent price increases only applied to those purchasing now.

This happens all the time, as manufacturers adjust prices. Occasionally, a price will drop on a specific model. Some customers expect to get the new lower price but the dealer is within his rights to stick to the price on the original deal.
My dealer claims that DC doesn't lock the price until it assigns a VIN. Any price increase before the VIN is applied to the purchase price.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
roaringmouse said:
My dealer claims that DC doesn't lock the price until it assigns a VIN. Any price increase before the VIN is applied to the purchase price.
That's true for the dealer, who is buying from DC. But your contract to purchase is with the dealer, not DC. In Ontario, we have a regulated new car contract form. The price on the contract is binding to both parties. In other jurisdictions, you would have to read the small print, to see if the dealer can change the price after signing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's true. The delivery price is the price on your paperwork. During my 4 month wait, prices increased on the base by $500 and $1000 rebates came and went every other month. When I took delivery, I got the original pricing AND the $1000 financing rebate that was no longer offered at that point in time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Northern Rider said:
That's true for the dealer, who is buying from DC. But your contract to purchase is with the dealer, not DC. In Ontario, we have a regulated new car contract form. The price on the contract is binding to both parties. In other jurisdictions, you would have to read the small print, to see if the dealer can change the price after signing.
Look at the back of this (yellow Ontario) form. It states that the final price on delivery can be adjusted IF there is an interval price increase from the manufacturer after ordering.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
mmmmm127 said:
Look at the back of this (yellow Ontario) form. It states that the final price on delivery can be adjusted IF there is an interval price increase from the manufacturer after ordering.
Yes, but under provincial law, if you did not agree with the change, you could cancel the contract and get your deposit back (and .... wait for it - some lawyer somewhere is gonna flame me:) lol)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Northern Rider said:
Yes, but under provincial law, if you did not agree with the change, you could cancel the contract and get your deposit back (and .... wait for it - some lawyer somewhere is gonna flame me:) lol)
good to know that,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts