Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the same problem of loosing air in their tires??? The tire monitor screams at you when any of the tires loose air. I CANNOT find any gas station within 30 miles that can handle the valve stem for air. I HAD TO GO TO THE DEALER TO GET AIR IN TIRES!!!!!!!!! Is there an adapter that can be purchased some where or do I just have to go to the dealer? So far no problem with air loss (at least 6 months).

·
Registered
328 Posts
Kind of confused on your problem here, the tops of the valve stems on the wheels with tpms are the same as without, the only difference is the TPMS wheels have a metal stem instead of the rubber stem, i dont see why a gas station wouldnt be able to fill your tires, theres no need for a special tool to put air in a tire, that would be ridiculous, and theres no need to go to the dealer to put air in your tires, did the dealer tell you this??? or anything else for that matter??? this sounds crazy...let us know...if its been six months now i would think you are ok, but better safe than sorry...

·
Registered
241 Posts
stop by your local exxon, mobil, shell whatever is closest. put 50 cents in the silver box. grab that rolled up black thing (its called an air hose) take the cap off your valve stem, and stick the end of the hose on and let it rip. problem solved.:pat:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have a problem with a slow leak in my front drivers-side tire, and I usually put air in it once a week or so. At the gas station, using the hose. Don't forget that you have to remove the stem caps.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Don't quite understand the problem of loosing air the way its described. My question would be how often and is it a specific tire? If your in a cold climate the air pressure will decrease with the weather and if your air pressure is too low it will give off the warning. Try to set your air pressure to 32 lbs on a cold day (can use the EVIC for this) and see what happens. The advice you have been given about using the air pumps is correct, it should work at any gas station.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts