Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving down the highway and it went bouncing off behind me. :( They list for ~$45. . . I got a new one on order for a better price (~$35), but it still makes me sad.

I'll be checking the snugness of them with fair regularity. I suggest other owners do as well.

fathemi

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I have always hated wheels with plastic center caps. They come off are easily stolen, fade, crack and peel to easy. Most of the 20 and 22" aftermarket rims also seem to have plastic centers. I prefer showing the bolts and bolt holes. Hell, Mercedes OEM hub center caps are so snug you have to remove the wheel to get it out.

·
Registered
588 Posts
fathemi said:
Driving down the highway and it went bouncing off behind me. :( They list for ~$45. . . I got a new one on order for a better price (~$35), but it still makes me sad.

I'll be checking the snugness of them with fair regularity. I suggest other owners do as well.
Agree.

Noticed when trying to re-install the cap back over my "too tall" new lock nut that the hub cap wasn't very sturdy, totally plastic with a simple wire spring for retention.

Also wonder when the kids will discover that little more than a fingernail in the right spont will remove these things. The caps may become 2005's shiney, chrome frisbies.

Wonder if there is a way to secure these things without ruining the wheel appearance?

Simply don't understand what could have been in the designers' minds on these wheels.

NO, I know, PRICE and COST-CUTTING!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wheel Center Caps

Hey Miles,
It surprised me that you have to ask, "how do we secure the caps?" All you have to do is use velcro. :) Semper Fi

·
Registered
588 Posts
Fast300C said:
Hey Miles,
It surprised me that you have to ask, "how do we secure the caps?" All you have to do is use velcro. :) Semper Fi
Hey, THAT'S funny. It would probably work as well as or better than those dinky springs.

But seriously, I mean "secure" as in LOCK them in place so they can't be stolen or fall off....

Semper Fi to you, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts