Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, last week I lost my only key to my car. It is a US import and the Chrysler dealers in the UK wont help. Is there anyway I can get a new key pre programmed from the US?
:pat:

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Wow, crappy deal there. If the UK dealers won't help you at all your best bet is to probably just try calling a US dealer. From there they'd probably need a VIN or something. Also, I have no idea what kind of hoops you'd have to jump through to prove to them it's your car. Maybe you can have a UK dealer contact a US dealer. Hmm, that's all the insight I can provide.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Programming the key is, I believe, done with/in the car in question and not in advance.

You would need a key to your car shipped over and then you would have to program it yourself or have the dealer do it for you. From what I remember, it's fairly easy to do. Let me see if I find the sequence for your reference.

I can't believe the dealer won't nonetheless order you a key. Maybe try contacting Chrysler directly and filing a complaint against the dealer?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Look in your yellow pages and you will probably find a local locksmith that can make you a 2nd key. I found one in Boise, Idaho that will do it for $100 including the blank. The dealers want $300+.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Look in your yellow pages and you will probably find a local locksmith that can make you a 2nd key. I found one in Boise, Idaho that will do it for $100 including the blank. The dealers want $300+.

They only had one key to start with, and they just lost it.

So what would they take to the locksmith now that they
have NO keys for the car?

think u can only program a key in the car if u have 2 others, for a total of 3.

if you have less than that you need a dealer to do it
This is true, unless you know someone near you that has a StarScan.

You need to have two working transponder keys in order to program
a third one on your own.

You can NOT program a new key with just ONE old key. You need
to have two working keys in your posession in order to do it yourself.

Even if you had just one, and you took it to a locksmith to make you
a new one, you will still have to either go to the dealer, or a person
with a StarScan to program it for you.

If you don't know anyone with the StarScan, then you WILL be
paying a dealer alot of money to program it for you.

Jim

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
you can order a key direct from Chrysler thru the dealer pre-cut and programmed to the car, as long as you can prove ownership.. they run about $160 USD each.. call the Chrysler customer service number in your owners manual for your area..

your key has a code attached to it, you should have received a little metal tag with that number in the bag/case your owners manual came in.. use that number and Chrysler can precut/program a key from the factory.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
no such tag on my key fobs,I havent lost my keys though,think I might get in touch with stealerships for the number soon,just in case

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Sarah,the key has got to be somewhere,think when and where the last time you used it,I take it you checked all the usual and unusual places you have left it before,jealous boyfriend perhaps??hiding the key?Its just gotta be somewhere girl,think!or its gonna cost,worse thing is you're gonna have to walk instead of drive n that'll never do.lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
Key

Can't believe a dealer won't help you.

These people will and will probably pick up your car if need be.
Mildenhall Auto Centre Ltd

www.[B]mildenhall[/B]autocentre.ltd.uk

Unit 9
Chiswick Av, Mildenhall, Bury St. Edmunds, IP28 7AY
01638 711939

Ask for Jean, they know American cars better than your average Chrysler dealership here and they have Starscan.

Once you have a pair of keys again buy another transponder key and another standard key from the states off ebay so you can program your own keys and always have spares in the future.
Hope this helps.
Al

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
OMG they let chicks drive these things over in the UK!

jk :) :)
As long as they have at least one key, why not!?:biggrin:

Reactions: Ronvsran

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sarah,the key has got to be somewhere,think when and where the last time you used it,I take it you checked all the usual and unusual places you have left it before,jealous boyfriend perhaps??hiding the key?Its just gotta be somewhere girl,think!or its gonna cost,worse thing is you're gonna have to walk instead of drive n that'll never do.lol
Have the same problem, just with a 2019 key fob.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts