Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well finally got around to giving her a good wash, polish and sealant. Plus wanted to mess around w/new camera. I can't wait until I get my TZ lens covers...I think that will set the entire front end color matched OFF?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey goherd90 i think your car looks great but if you don't mind me asking what is the lens cover tz is doing for youo????
No problem....almost all the front lens covers are not FLUSH mounted and IMO look cheap...TZ is the only vendor I know to have produced a flush mount almost 3d look. He's been working on mine for a few months and is very close....here are some pics of the two kinds I am talking about

these are the flat ones I don't like:

these are the flush mount tz is working on:

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
The pics of your SRT look incredible! Great camera work, too. You might be waiting for those TZ light covers but I have been thoroughly enjoying mine since the Spring Festival. :fing02: They are the prototypes and any future covers will still need to be tweaked before getting that 'perfect' fit.

Now, if I can only get my car out of the body shop and back into my garage....

bruno

Photo taken at Ozzie's SpeedFest:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The pics of your SRT look incredible! Great camera work, too. You might be waiting for those TZ light covers but I have been thoroughly enjoying mine since the Spring Festival. :fing02: They are the prototypes and any future covers will still need to be tweaked before getting that 'perfect' fit.

Now, if I can only get my car out of the body shop and back into my garage....

bruno

Photo taken at Ozzie's SpeedFest:

Bruno...thanks for the compliments. YOur grill and covers look awesome. Yeah I know the wait will be well worth it.......TZ said he put them on a 300 a few weeks ago and didn't like how they were fitting. Plus he really has no way of knowing how they will fit in my car since I'm not local? Yours fit in PERFECT with NO SEAM...great looking.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Bruno...thanks for the compliments. YOur grill and covers look awesome. Yeah I know the wait will be well worth it.......TZ said he put them on a 300 a few weeks ago and didn't like how they were fitting. Plus he really has no way of knowing how they will fit in my car since I'm not local? Yours fit in PERFECT with NO SEAM...great looking.
Thanks goherd. I love looking at all 3 TZ products on the front of my car.

TZ is correct. The fitment is not yet where it should be. One of the guys who helped put them on at Spring Festival needed to use his exacta blade to do quite a bit of trimming on the fiberglass to get them to fit. He had such a steady hand because he use to hand cut window tint.

If you look closely at the cover on the driver side, you will notice that the outside edge does not fully come up to the front edge of the casing. It makes me think that each type of 300 might not use the exact template for their parts. In the long run, it might end up being too expensive to perfect this awesome product to generically fit just right. I hope not because as you said, it looks far better than the flush covers.

One interesting observation is that with TZ's covers, it actually appears that I have halos (I don't) when the lights are on at night! That probably has something to do with that 3-D effect of the covers.

Anyway, keep up the great work on your beautiful car. It also looks great with the Grip Grille.

bruno

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Car looks fantastic. And I think lens covers...covers up beauty. Don't do it.
Yeah I've been wanting the lens covers for awhile now and since I have the color matched grill I want to keep the overall color theme going on. If you look at my car from the front (in my sig) the lens kind of stick out like a sore thumb....I guess we'll see once installed.

thanks for the compliments moose

·
Registered
113 Posts
ok those headlight covers are sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they look so much better being flush holy ......!!!! how much did thsoe run you if you don't mind me asking??

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
ok those headlight covers are sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they look so much better being flush holy ......!!!! how much did thsoe run you if you don't mind me asking??
If you're asking about the ones on my 300c in that track photo, well, they are not available to the public at this point. These are TommyZ's prototypes so I can't give you the price at this time. I'm not even sure he's ever going to make them for general sales. Sorry.....

I know he and goherd have been talking so who knows at this point.

bruno

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I am not sure TZ is selling in mass as of yet? I know Bruno was the first to get some and I am like #2 or #3. To Bruno's point I am not sure if TZ will EVER mass produce since the fit seems unique on each car???? I've just been on him real hard the last 2 months on getting these and he say's they'll be done within a week.

Not sure on price to be honest???? If you are SERIOUSLY interested then PM him on this forum or the lxforum........

·
Registered
57 Posts
All I can say is that she looks BEAUTIFUL!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Damian I know you'll work your magic. If it comes close to that GTO you did I'll be psyched. We are having a shin dig down here in S.FLA with billet technologies next month and I'm sure they'll be lots of oohs and ahhhs!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts