Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start the car up the last couple of morning, I get a loud humming noise. The sound gets louder when I hit the gas and also when I am turning the wheel. Has anyone else had this problem. The temp gauge is at the C and as it gets to the middle the sound dies down some. What could this be. I know older cars need to warm up, but its a 2005. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
lexball50 said:
When I start the car up the last couple of morning, I get a loud humming noise. The sound gets louder when I hit the gas and also when I am turning the wheel. Has anyone else had this problem. The temp gauge is at the C and as it gets to the middle the sound dies down some. What could this be. I know older cars need to warm up, but its a 2005. :confused:
Belt under proper tension?

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Hmmmmm.... I had a similar issue last week-end. Had my 300C on WOT for the first time. As the vehicle approached 240 KPH, I heard a humming noise near my left ear....

...... then I rolled down the window and let the bee out.... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
lexball50 said:
i'm not really a car guy (besides driving) how do I check that
Since I still have not received my ordered car, I can't really describe where to look on the hemi. I would call a local dealer and ask their servie tech (hopefully they know something) if there is a way to tell on these engines (like how much 'give' they have if you push on it).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Before I bought mine I asked around about Chrysler. Everybody who owned one told me the they are very cold starters. How true is this? I don't know but sounds like It may be.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The only hum I ever hear is holding the steering wheel full against the stops backing out of my driveway. This is BTW not a good thing to do as it strains the rack and seals...but sometimes on my narrow street, I have little option. Anyway, it that where your moan could be coming from? Do you have teenagers? Have you checked the back seat? :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have had the same humming noise you described, take into the dealer, you may be leaking power steering fluid. The dealer is currently replacing the entire rack and pinion of car and informed me not to drive the car. (i posted this under "replace steering rack and pinion".

·
Registered
268 Posts
mine sounds like a jet plane

I get a high pitched whine when I start my car- reminds me of a taxing jet plane :)
jaydee

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had some humming and slight vibration awhile ago while driving my 300c. Dealer said it was a manufacturers defect and that Chrysler was aware of it. Can remember exactly what it was, but it was somethign with a seal that somehow let water get in the tranny from rain and such. They had it for a day, resealed it, now it runs fine. I can call up the dealer and ask if you want me to. Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts