Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an owner of a 2005 5.7L hemi which I've owned since March 2010.
Around Aug of 2010 it chugged hard I changed all the plugs and wires the problem stopped. Then car had no problems at all. 2 days ago the engine light went on and stalled ever since that day it chugged and felt like it was only running on 6 or 5 cylinders instead of 8. So I took it to my local mechainc he scaned it it said p0301 cylinder 1 misfire. He said he thinks the computer pcm or pcu ? Is not giving power to the first cylinder. He quoted me 1200$ I said no way so then took it to the dealership. Now the dealership said the computer is fine and and the one active code is P1411 cylinder 1 reactivation performance they said they can activate MDS clylinder 1 . They said they hear a loud tap when they start it which I can hear as well. The dealership says that the engine needs to be opened up and lifters and gaskets need to be inspected. Some people tell me crank sensor some computer some manifold leak one guy even said the flywheel and timing chain. I don't know who to believe or what to do. The car has 145kms or 91miles. Ever since I bought the car I've always hurt a ticking noise and thought its just the fuel injectors working. Does anyone have any advise to help me with or what I should try. And i already unpluged the battery for 10 mins and put it back same noise and same problem. Please let me know

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
This thread and the links within will be helpful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gonna check the plugs again and the wires. What scrares me is the POP bang noise when I start it. I always thought the tick tick was normal but I'm gonna see what i can do .

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
A "pop bang" noise sounds like a backfire, and that's not good.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
If it's backfiring then the exhaust valve is held open.

My bet is a broken rocker arm jammed on the shaft.

·
Registered
297 Posts
i had a loud tic from the drivers side, i popped the valve cover off to find a bent push rod. excess gap on the bent rod was the cause of the tap (what caused the bend is undetermined) so i replace that one rod and the entire rocker arm assembley. all fixed and its been over a year.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know. But Im havin the same problem. Gabes post is the only one that mentions the start-up knock, clunk, rap. Id like to know what the fix was.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm gonna check the plugs again and the wires. What scrares me is the POP bang noise when I start it. I always thought the tick tick was normal but I'm gonna see what i can do .
A common prob with these Hemis are the exhaust manifold bolts breaking and then leaving you with a ticking noise at start up that goes away as it warms up....You think lifter tick but its not (leaving you 2 possible issues that it could be). As for the rest of your probs my buddy's having same issue with his 07' so we're trying to figure it out. I own an 08' and it has the ticking noise since 130k and now has 180k. Still a real strong runner, just has the ticking noise at start up...I think its the manifold bolt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts