Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I take a hard corner on the gas I get a sound a very perceptible thump as though my suspension is not taking it well. I went to the dealer and they said this is just the traction control. I didn't buy that so I disengaged (As much as possible :mad: ) and it still makes the same noises. I want to know if anyone else experienced this assuming I'm not the only one taking my C into corners at 60+.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I assume these 60mph corners are not right angle turns, I have had a few corners where I nearly doubled the posted speed and the ESP cut in very noticibly with brakes and reduced throttle , no thumps noticed. Don't take offense but have you checked the trunk especially the spare tire well to make sure everything is secure.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I don't experience a thump either. I take corner's at full throttle (as much as ESP will let me). :)

Something in the trunk loose? In the spare tire area?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have several problems with my 300c but I have no thump.

·
Registered
629 Posts
No thump, though once in a great while I feel like there is a noise eminating from my steering column on really fast movements, but it is rare, and definitely not a thump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will check the trunk and tighten everything down, That should have been a no brainer DOHH!

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
LWOOD said:
No thump, though once in a great while I feel like there is a noise eminating from my steering column on really fast movements, but it is rare, and definitely not a thump.
This noise is the power steering pump, I can hear it in some low speed parking too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts