Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIPN9rVy7f8

The tick is MUCH louder in person than in the video. It does it regardless whether engine is on or off so that leads me to believe it isn't mechanical. It seems random in about one minute intervals and can be heard inside the cabin with the windows up and driving. I thought it might be a exhaust leak but the sound is coming from the upper intake manifold area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will still make the sound with key out for about 15 mins after shutting off. I thought it might be the exhaust expansion after listening it is coming from the top of the engine and sounds like somone taking a hammer to it.

·
Administrator
19,737 Posts
It may be exhaust expansion & contraction but I've never heard it that loud before. I wondered about the key on as it sounded like a bad injector clicking but you state the key is Off so that can't be it.

Check your exhaust manifold bolts to make sure they are tight. If you can get to them, also check the heat shield over the manifold and at the catalytic converter to make sure it's on tight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts