Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2010 300C with th 5.7 Hemi and my only issue so far is that it doesn't sound like a V8. I wanna make it louder and more aggressive but I don't really know much about the car and was wondering what the best way to go about this is. I've read a little bit about the suitcase delete and wanna do that but am not sure if it needs to be replaced with mufflers or just straight pipe (I've seen some conflicting answers). If anyone here has other options or better ideas lemme know.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I’ve recently done the mid muffler delete (suitcase) first and kept the resonators (rear mufflers under bumper) on it sounded good and had a deep growl but wasn’t loud enough in my opinion so i went back and had the rear resonators deleted and it was toooo loud and raspy and couldn’t hear my CAI and daily driving gets annoying so I ordered pair of cherry bomb vortex mufflers and man it sounds good and no drone ,has a deep growl at idle and I can hear my CAI again but over all it’s a good setup in my opinion but it’s hard to say what to recommend due to everyone’s opinion on loud is different I’d also check out some YouTube vids that might help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
A lot of folks start with by deleting the rear resonators, leaving the suitcase in place. That will make it louder.

Some folks do the suitcase delete, leaving the rear resonators in place. That will also make it louder.

And others will just open it up, going straight piped the entire length.

Lastly folks remove the suitcase and replace it with two aftermarket mufflers. They may or may not have resonators.

My car is not MDS equipped so I removed the resonators and the suitcase then I installed two Magnaflow mufflers. It sounded pretty good to my ears.

For the 5.7L cars with MDS you have to be careful as all of those conditions can result in drone (resonance) in the system which is not pleasant at all.

My car is not MDS equipped so I removed the resonators and the suitcase then I installed two Magnaflow mufflers. It sounded pretty good to my ears.

Magnaflow vid:

A few years ago I replaced the mufflers and the pipe with a Corsa catback. It sounds awesome.

Corsa cold start:

But everyone hears differently so as Trothwell-Roth suggested, go listen to some sound clips.

Exhaust can be one of the harder mods to decide upon.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man that thing sounds good, and I'm used to my 97 Ram with a big cam long tube headers, no cat and a Flowmaster Super 10 dumped right under where the cab meets the bed. I like it LOUD, I'm also not sure if mine is MDS equipped, it's a 2010 but if it does have MDS I'll be getting rid of it. But thanks for the suggestions, it gives me a good starting point to do some more research. Do you happen to know the size of the exhaust pipe by chance?

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
All 5.7L cars came with MDS installed from the factory. I'd recommend a 2.5" - 2.75" exhaust system. I don't remember if your stock system is 2.25" or 2.5".

You can remove MDS in a couple of ways:

1. Remove the MDS actuators below the intake manifold. In this case you'll need to get a tuner and a program with the MDS delete function to avoid codes.

2. Get a tuner and a program with the MDS Off function. This is much easier to do and it works. No wrenching needed. I purchased a Diablosport programmer with a custom tune and had the tuner add the MDS Off option to the tune for my 2014 Ram CC with the 6.4L HEMI. It had a Magnaflow muffler on it and a few other mods.

Loved that truck...

Unfortunately it didn't survive the actions of a distracted driver who blew a red light at 40 mph and knocked it clear across the intersection into a steel streetlight pole. :(

So I got another Ram. This is my sixth Dodge/Ram pickup and it's a Laramie with the Cummins.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts