Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently became a member of 300cforums, have always did some research and diagnosis through the site as a guest and found tons of useful information, thanks guys for all the support on here. Recently I have been having some issues with my 300 touring, 2006, ive looked everywhere on here and numerous sites and still cannot pinpoint the exact cause of my issue so I figured I'd just post one myself and see if anyone out there has any insight.

When the vehicle is sitting parked or any speed under 10 mph and turn the steering wheel from center position all the way to the right I can hear a groaning sound but it does not make the sound when returning back to the center position or any position from the center moving left. Also, when cornering at low speeds or going over small bumps I can feel a knocking under the floor board coming from the passenger side.

Ive inspected all ball joints and boots, power steering pump and used silicon based lubricant on the steering shaft and still no idea what this could be.

Open to all and any comments guys

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
^^ what sodak said, and adding you could also check your sway bar bushings too.

Reactions: TouringALLday

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome guys, Ill deff work my way from there, car is still under warranty but usually if I find it can be little cheap fixes I choose to turn the wrenches myself just to give it that extra TLC. Ill keep it updated though

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
While you still have some warranty, try and get what you can now :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts