Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Continental tires on my '07 300C Heritage Edition are just about shot - at only 15,000 miles. (I'll be taking advantage of the class action lawsuit on the tires and have already downloaded the form.) Since they are almost gone and new Goodyear Assurance tires go on this week, I figured it was the perfect time for a noisy, smoky burnout on video. I went to my local airport where I base a King Air that I fly in charter work, and got permission to do a burnout on one of the taxiways. You can see the result here: http://www.webhostsvc.com/300C_Roastin.wmv

The car is an '07 300C with the resonators removed, Superchips programmer and the NoESP Mod installed. After the burnout, when I allow the car to start to move, I let off the accelerator just a little to stop the wheelspin, then got back on it for the rest of first gear. Note how that big hemi keeps on squealing the tires all the way through first. And then, thanks to the Superchips programmer, I get a little rubber on the 1-2 shift. That happens almost all the time with the NoESP engaged.

I sure do love this car!

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Wow, I'm sure that was a lot of fun to do! It sort of hurt to know your beautiful paint was going to end up with all that black on it! Hope you downloaded the Conti Tire Claim Form, lol!

What in the world is that high pitch whine? I have never heard that from any tire roasts.

bruno

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What in the world is that high pitch whine?
Evidently it is the tires themselves grinding away at high speed against the pavement. I heard that sound inside the car when I did this, after the wheels got up to speed. I had ne3ver heard it before, so I have to assume it is the tires, not something in the engine.

It may also have to do with the fact that the asphalt on these taxiways is not quite the same stuff as on a typical highway. It's a little more coarse-grained than most roadway asphalt. That could also account for the noise.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
I suppose that could be it. It's just that I have witnessed so many of these shows downs, especially those involved with the Spring Festival, and have never heard that particular noise.

It would be interesting to hear other opinions from members.

bruno

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
great

great to see Continentals used correctly!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts