Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed this like 3 times. like whenever i get down to like 30 miles left to empty the car really starts to ride bad. it starts to rattle and shake a lot. i dont know if its just me or what. but when i fill up it is perfect again. my other cars always rode the same when they got really low. i dunno

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
stunna55 said:
i noticed this like 3 times. like whenever i get down to like 30 miles left to empty the car really starts to ride bad. it starts to rattle and shake a lot. i dont know if its just me or what. but when i fill up it is perfect again. my other cars always rode the same when they got really low. i dunno
You have water in the tank my friend, my Alfa 164 did the exact same thing. You need a can of Gas Dry, follow directions, it may take two cans over two tanks to get all the water out. Don't wait, any concerns, check with the dealer by phone.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You need dry gas

Put some dry gas in,and stop running the tank so low.I have a 71 grand prix that get about 8 miles to the gallon and I never let it go below 1/4 tank.
Chris

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ran my tank until the low fuel light came on (I was running late and didn't have time to fuel up) not only the fuel light came on BUT THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON TOO. A couple of times my car would idle rough with about 1/3 gas left. Its going into the dealer for a diagnostic test tomorrow with less then 3000 miles on the car. My emergency brake also like to come on by itself everytime the car comes to a complete stop...oh well its not perfect, but I still love my 300C, but my patience is running thin.

Scarface

·
Registered
206 Posts
Emergency light comes on

Scarface, I had the same emergency brake light issue on a T-Bird I used to drive...my mechanic checked under the dash and found that the prior owner had somehow bent the emergency pedal from a perpendicular position to a lean towards the door. As a result, the sensor at the top of the pedal arm would register the "on" position whenever I braked hard (Newton's law of inertia - a body in motion tends to stay in motion). Have someone you trust check the wiring and the sensor on the emergency pedal (I say "trust" because I am not having good luck with my 5 Star-less dealer services). Good luck to you. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts