Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my front lower control arms and sway bar bushings this saturaday. Took about an 1.5 hrs. Every thing went smooth drove the car and the noise (clunking, rattle noise) is finally gone. Parked the car in the garage.

I drove the car to work this morning and when i arrived the front end was jacked up in the air. The steering felt weird i thought it just needed and alignment or the coils needed to settle.

I parked and turned the wheels left to right and the suspension lowered WTF. is going on.

I drove the car again and the front suspension lifted again. What is going on will a alignment fix this.....please help guys im new to this site.

2005 Chrysler 300C 22" wheels

·
Registered
640 Posts
Did you tighten everything up with the weight of the car on the suspension. If you didn't it might be sitting with the bushes under tension, if so it should settle. The wheel tracking should not change if you didn't touch the track rod ends.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Welcome to the site from Atlanta! Good to hear that this doesn't take long to do. Mine need done as well (at least the passenger side). Interested to see what the cause of this may be, just in case I have the same problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turns out all i needed was an alignment. Took the car this morning and its all good. If you do one side you should also do the other side.

Fixed with two new lower control arms (ebay 55.00ea) (delear $175.00)

sway bar bushings $6.00 dealer

1.5 hrs in my garage.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have replaced my outter tie rods and tension struts on both sides. The noise was gone for about 8K miles and now the clunk is back. It is certainly not as bad as it was in the past, but I think I am going to replace the sway bar bushings.. Maybe I will get lucky as this is such of a cheap part!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts