Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow after looking at the E&G pics up close, you should try to do this mod yourselves. The mesh they use is the cheap kind and you can order enough through McMaster.com for two sets for only $25 bucks. They use a better quality guage metal and matches more closely to the front grill. If you wanted to get the same gutter materal that they sell, you can pick it up at any home depot for around $7. Sorry if I'm bashing. Just want to inform the public of what's available.

·
Registered
73 Posts
turbohips said:
Wow after looking at the E&G pics up close, you should try to do this mod yourselves. The mesh they use is the cheap kind and you can order enough through McMaster.com for two sets for only $25 bucks. They use a better quality guage metal and matches more closely to the front grill. If you wanted to get the same gutter materal that they sell, you can pick it up at any home depot for around $7. Sorry if I'm bashing. Just want to inform the public of what's available.
I actually picked up the gutter material from HD last night for 1.79 for the 1'x2' strip last night...still not sure if I am going to go through the effort for half the look..

·
Registered
182 Posts
turbohips,

With all due respect, the pix apparently do not show enough detail. The mesh is an identical polished SS and has exactly the same construction as the wire mesh grille. It is not a cheap mesh at all. Even if I were willing to use a lower grade mesh, I couldn't fabricate the retainers nearly as well and definately not for the $ differential of the cost of the E&G product. Bill will give you a forum discount that makes them $58+. I don't know how you put a value on your time and the final quality, but I'd have to vote for the E&G product as a whole - I couldn't come close enough to their work without a machine shop, so I'll stick with these (and would advise anyone else the same).

Sorry for the poor quality pix. It seems that they do not convey the reality of the product.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
turbohips, I put in the E&G lower inserts (front).

The quality is superb, as Jim has mentioned. T304 woven stainless steel. Mine are painted black and have a rubber edging added.

·
Registered
323 Posts
jhelmuth said:
turbohips,

With all due respect, the pix apparently do not show enough detail. The mesh is an identical polished SS and has exactly the same construction as the wire mesh grille. It is not a cheap mesh at all. Even if I were willing to use a lower grade mesh, I couldn't fabricate the retainers nearly as well and definately not for the $ differential of the cost of the E&G product. Bill will give you a forum discount that makes them $58+. I don't know how you put a value on your time and the final quality, but I'd have to vote for the E&G product as a whole - I couldn't come close enough to their work without a machine shop, so I'll stick with these (and would advise anyone else the same).

Sorry for the poor quality pix. It seems that they do not convey the reality of the product.
Jim, Who is this Bill guy you are talking about? Where can I get the Lower Mesh grilles? I was hopeping I could get them before the meet on the 3rd.

Thanks
Gus

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
E&G New 300C Narrow Molding Outer Vent Grille

Those turned out great, I liked the rubber edging look.
Bill

Northern Rider said:
turbohips, I put in the E&G lower inserts (front).

The quality is superb, as Jim has mentioned. T304 woven stainless steel. Mine are painted black and have a rubber edging added.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts