Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy cow this last week I've had many requests for the lower inserts. The only ones that I'm making are for the "C" due to the different design of the regular 300. I've posted this about a week ago and I'll let people know again that the cost is $22 for the mesh from McMaster which is stainless steel. The additional $60 is for my labor which will go to my mother's medical bills. To answer all of the questions, yes she is recovering fine. She only broke her leg in the accident. Neither of us had insurance to cover so that's why I'm stuck with the bills. Anyhow back to the inserts.
If you would like for me to make yours, please send the lower insert covers to:
Loan Link
Atten: Bruce Watson
26800 Aliso Viejo Pky Suite #100
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656

You can reach me if you have any questions at 949-331-2075.

You know I'm legit because I'm giving you my company address and personal cell phone number. You can also ask other members in the Socal 300 club how my work turns out. This is not something that is my main business. I'm a mortgage consultant and simply like doing these kinds of things. It's also to help a good cause, my mother. Thanks for the contrabutions and all questions are welcome.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You guys can expect to have the completed lower inserts within three to five days. I usually finish the mesh the same day and the shipping is what takes so long.

·
Registered
940 Posts
So total cost is $82? Correct?

And can you (someone) explain how we are to remove the inserts (exactly) that we are to send to you?? A picture of them removed would be really helpful as well.

Thanks.

JFF:D

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a great question. The steps that I took to remove the lower inserts are as follows:

1) Remove either right or left tire.
2) There are three push pins on the lower inner fender that need to be removed. This is fairly simple.
3) Along the bottom of the front bumper, there are a bunch of screws that are attached to the lower pan that need to be removed.
4) After pulling the lower pan out of the way, you should be able to see the lower inserts. The inserts are being held by only one clip on the top of the inserts. Simply push this clip up and the insert should be able to pop out easily.

The whole process takes less than 10 minutes. The total cost for this project will be $82. Trust me this is not a hard task and really worth it after it's all done. If you need more help with this, feel free to give me a call and I'll do what I can to help. Good Luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some more pictures. I hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JustForFun,
No problem. I'm glad I could help. So far I have 15 orders and this will cover all the remaining bills. Thanks fellas and gals.

To all that already ordered,
I have already ordered a few sheets of the mesh grill and should receive them within two business days. When all the inserts come in, I should complete all mods that day at the latest the second day. I will ship either UPS or FedEx with tracking numbers. For the people whom asked to order stock inserts and modding them, I'm waiting for the dealers to find the part number and will be ordering them soon. Keep in mind that this might take longer for me to ship due to the dealers not having them in stock. I will however promise to get the final product to you as soon as possible. Thank you so much for helping me out. I will be more than happy to produce an invoice or reciept for product if you wish. Once again thanks and God bless!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
turbohips said:
JustForFun,
No problem. I'm glad I could help. So far I have 15 orders and this will cover all the remaining bills. Thanks fellas and gals.

To all that already ordered,
I have already ordered a few sheets of the mesh grill and should receive them within two business days. When all the inserts come in, I should complete all mods that day at the latest the second day. I will ship either UPS or FedEx with tracking numbers. For the people whom asked to order stock inserts and modding them, I'm waiting for the dealers to find the part number and will be ordering them soon. Keep in mind that this might take longer for me to ship due to the dealers not having them in stock. I will however promise to get the final product to you as soon as possible. Thank you so much for helping me out. I will be more than happy to produce an invoice or reciept for product if you wish. Once again thanks and God bless!
Hello. Sorry to hear about your and your mother's vehicle accident, but I'm glad to hear that the both of you are doing well. I obviously missed your initial posting, but do these lower mesh inserts possibly match the mesh which comes on the E&G custom grills? If so, would this price possibly include the lowers for the '300 Touring' model as well? I'm not even sure if the ones on my car are actually functional or not, as I'm physically unable to look at or get to them myself; however, I'll have them removed by somebody else, once I hear that you could do mine as well. Please advise and thanks for your help.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mr. DJ,
I'm sorry. I've been asked by a few people thus far for the 300 Touring and I have found that this might work but I would hate for me to make them and have them fall off. There is no really good way of securing the mesh to the back of your inserts. If you would like, I can order the parts for you and try if your willing to be the first test. I do know of epoxies out there that should be able to hold the mesh. I just wouldn't promise because I've never tried the touring ones yet.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey all,
I was able to get the part number for the stock inserts and can order these for you for an additional $25 if you don't want to use yours. Thanks again and I'll get them out to you ASAP.

·
Registered
389 Posts
turbohips said:
Here are some more pictures. I hope this helps!
Hey that's my car,, thought it looked familiar..lol.. Anyway glad to hear your mother is alright. Good luck and keep up the good work.

jerry

·
Registered
19 Posts
Request for you

I have a 300C AWD ... if you could get the stock inserts and mfg a set of lowers for me, I would gladly pay the $25 + other costs ... would save me yanking mine off and shipping them to you. WOuld you be willing to do that? If so let me know how much, how you want the payment, do you want it up front etc ... my name is Mario ... thanks

turbohips said:
Hey all,
I was able to get the part number for the stock inserts and can order these for you for an additional $25 if you don't want to use yours. Thanks again and I'll get them out to you ASAP.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Aloha Turbo,
Check is in the mail (literally)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi all,
I just wanted to let you all know that Jerry is the one whom inspired me to do this mod and thanks bud. Look now your helping with my family issues. What a guy! To let you all know, I've already ordered a bunch of sheets of mesh and looking for the stock lower inserts from different dealers. So far my local dealer said that it would only take one day to receive them but they cost $18 each. I've been trying to see if I can get them for the $11 quoted price from the authorized dealer on this site. No answer yet. If you guys want me to get them from my local dealer no problem. Just cover the cost and it's done. I will happly send you the invoice sheet for proof of costs. I think I've PM'ed everyone that asked thus far. If I missed you, sorry now up to around 20 orders. Now I can afford my moms bills and some flowers. Thanks again everyone and God bless!
Bruce

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Do you accept Paypal and will you ship out to Canada? Thanks.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
300Con23s and dipster,
Yes I do accept Paypal. Most of my orders are going through and they are sending payment to [email protected]. I have already received the mesh and will be getting the stock inserts tomorrow morning.

Cruznit,
Yes your inserts look great. The only difference between yours and the ones that I'm selling is that yours are made from aluminum gaurder railings and mine are stainless steel intertwined mesh like the E&G front grill. I do welcome all to try this mod but if you want a finished product similar to the E&G grill, then utilize my services.

I will ship to where ever you are as long as you cover the difference in shipping costs.

·
Registered
316 Posts
turbohips said:
300Con23s and dipster,
Yes I do accept Paypal. Most of my orders are going through and they are sending payment to [email protected]. I have already received the mesh and will be getting the stock inserts tomorrow morning.

Cruznit,
Yes your inserts look great. The only difference between yours and the ones that I'm selling is that yours are made from aluminum gaurder railings and mine are stainless steel intertwined mesh like the E&G front grill. I do welcome all to try this mod but if you want a finished product similar to the E&G grill, then utilize my services.

I will ship to where ever you are as long as you cover the difference in shipping costs.
I'm waiting for the T-rex grill with the round edge, when I get this, I'll be ordering your mesh, for now I'm using this simple mod to get better Air to my modified intake. The ones you have match & look great.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cruznit,
That is a good reason to open the area up. I just ordered the Volant intake which has a CAI tube that runs right to the opening area. It doesn't make sense to keep that opening closed with an aftermarket intake.

Good and bad news all,
I did receive the mesh and lower inserts but the dealer messed up and gave me 15 right inserts and 5 left inserts. I will however get 10 more left inserts by Tuesday. The first shipment of inserts will be shipped on Monday to the first five people that sent in payments already. When I receive the rest of the inserts from the dealer on Tuesday I should be able to send out another group of inserts by Wednesday. The rest will go out when the payments have been cleared. Thanks again folks!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts