Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've seen a lot of requests for the lower mesh inserts to match the front grill by E&G. I'd be willing to make this mod for you guys if your willing to send your stock lower cover and cover the cost for parts, shipping and a donation to my mother's medical expense fund. Of course the payment would have to be made up front and it will take about 3-5 days for delivery of final product. The mesh will come from Mcmaster and I will do all of the labor. The Mcmaster mesh is a high quality stainless steel and costs around $22 shipped. I will only ask for $60 plus if you want to make any additional donation that would be greatly appreciated. I'm not looking for sympathy. Just looking for any way to help pay my mom's recovery fees and medication while having fun at the same time. I'll look forward to any responce.
Bruce

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So far one PM and one order. Maybe if this works out I can start making other mods for people.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joey,
I can get the same mesh pattern for the insert but keep in mind that when you look at the space in the lower insert, the space is much smaller and the mesh will look funny. That's why myself as well as many others here have decided to go with the smaller mesh. The cost is the same for the larger mesh, but it just doesn't look right. If you would like for me to make one for you with the larger mesh or smaller one, PM me.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
turbohips said:
Joey,
I can get the same mesh pattern for the insert but keep in mind that when you look at the space in the lower insert, the space is much smaller and the mesh will look funny. That's why myself as well as many others here have decided to go with the smaller mesh. The cost is the same for the larger mesh, but it just doesn't look right. If you would like for me to make one for you with the larger mesh or smaller one, PM me.
I was sorta half-heartily kidding about a stock looking/matching insert. Mesh, or bigger mesh, wouldn't look right with the stock grill, IMO. The insert would have to have vertical and horizontal chrome pillars that had a similar wide, and similar spacing ratio. But because the insert space is so small, I am skeptical something could be made that would look right. But who knows.
Maybe someone with photochop expertise could make a stock grill insert and overlay it over the insert holes.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
turbohips said:
Joey,
This is smaller spaced crimped mesh in the pic (got it from McMaster). It takes a 12x12 sheet to make two because you have to turn it 45 degrees. I think it is much closer to the look people are after but definetly a bigger PITA to work with. I have no interest in making these...

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would highly doubt it. The stock grill is really thick and any lower insert with shiny plastic things on the bottom would look getto.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I think i know the answer already but do you have to remove the bumper to get the lower pieces out?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
300Con23s said:
I think i know the answer already but do you have to remove the bumper to get the lower pieces out?
No, you get there from underneath by removing the bumper belly pan, 10 or so 7mm screws, 3 push pins that attach to the fender liner. While you are down there getting a face full of grime (you do have goggles on right?) I would recommend replacing the H10 fog lights with Nokya Arctic whites, I started a thread on this somewhere in this forum.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
No, you get there from underneath by removing the bumper belly pan, 10 or so 7mm screws, 3 push pins that attach to the fender liner. While you are down there getting a face full of grime (you do have goggles on right?) I would recommend replacing the H10 fog lights with Nokya Arctic whites, I started a thread on this somewhere in this forum.
You only have 2 more 10mm bolts and 4 push pin style fastners under the hood and the facia is off...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lower inserts

How are those installed as the others I have seen on this forum shows going from the back not the front?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Does anybody else think that the TRex inserts shown on American-Truck-Auto are ridiculously priced at $175?

Way too much, IMHO.

I sure wish another mfg would step up to the plate here and give us some other alternatives.

JFF:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts