Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so I have ano 06 300c awd. I have been having a squeaks while going over bumps, stopping and starting from a light and a popping when turning from time to time. All control arms and what not have been done. I got new tires and tire place told me my lower steering u joint is bad and showed me the play it had. Well dealer says awd is different that rwd which I get but they look identical... dealer wants 527 bucks for awd one. There has to be a way to replace u joint myself... anyone have any ideas on this? I have searched but could not find anything relevant. ..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow nobody knows that the difference is lol... I can't believe no one has run Into this before.... well hopefully someone reads this can help shed some light on it....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still trying to find out what is the 400 dollar difference between an awd intermediate steering jointhe and a rwd one... I can't believe no one on here has run into this before... not 1 parts manufacturer makes one for the awd vehicle only rwd one... what is the difference?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The AWD shaft is shorter than the 2wd shaft. They also are not identical. Im doing a 2wd right now and i found a fairly new one in the local salvage yard 9n an AWD and im finding out myself what the difference is. AWD the rack & pinion is closer to the firewall of the vehicle because the front differential also has to be incorporated into the mix as the RWD had more room and the rack is further away fron the firewall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts