Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Mine has been lowered with a combination of 3" K-Mac in the rear and 2.5" King Springs in the front, it has also got the USA spec rear shocks that is not self levelling like the ones factory fitted to ours to get the car sitting so low, front struts are still the factory fitted ones. My mate has a 300c wagon and he has lowered it 1.5" all round with Eibach springs while still using the factory fitted shocks and struts, he reckons it ride smooth as plus the ride height doesn't look too bad either, mine on the other hand is really rough and really only a weekend cruiser :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I lowered mine with king springs all round. They gave me a drop of about 1.5". I am really happy with the height and the ride.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Donellans in Box Hill will change the king springs for $400 which will drop it 40mm. I'll probably send mine there.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Rob

This is easy one word "AIRBAGS"

But if not run king springs and watch for those self leveling rear shockers.

I have a spare set of non-leveling shock which I may sell.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Rob

This is easy one word "AIRBAGS"

But if not run king springs and watch for those self leveling rear shockers.

I have a spare set of non-leveling shock which I may sell.
Troy, will the car set itself higher when you put the king springs in?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Troy, will the car set itself higher when you put the king springs in?
If your car is fitted with self leveling shockers and you lower the car about 40mm the rear will sit back up to std. height.

Don't ring chrysler as they can't tell you if your car has them but I think all 2006 300c have them and some 2007 may have them. I learnt the hard way and they are bitch to remove.

Do a search on the forum for self leveling shocks there is heaps about them.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have a 2006 300c and had no issue with self levelling shocks.

I wish I could go Air but after doing some looking I have found out it is illegal in QLD :-(

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
If your car is fitted with self leveling shockers and you lower the car about 40mm the rear will sit back up to std. height.
I have seen people lower their car with springs in the rear while retaining the factory shock and have seen the spring fall out when the suspension is at full travel say when going over a table drain on the road.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I believe the self leveling shocks were deleted on builds from about mid year 2006.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
I have Pedders springs in mine with standard shocks. Ride quality has only been marginally affected, and the handling is very much improved. I am not a fan of pedders shocks, but I like their springs. Kings are also very good, although in my experience, have found them to alter ride quality more than the Pedders.

It has settled a little more than this now, and is a tad lower. This pic was taken on the day it was done.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
I believe the self leveling shocks were deleted on builds from about mid year 2006.
Thanks for the tip John as I now feel more confident.
The question now is whos car will I do first, the wifes or mine.

Mine of course!:arms:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just got quoted $3200 to install the KW variant 2 kit in mine. This is the kit all the guys in US swear by. got a good name. fully adjustable coilover package. Mind you, everyone has said the SRT is not as easy to change.
I haven't done it yet and have had an offer to put airbags in but I don't think it is worth the extra money.

I guess lowering can cost 400 or 4000. just depends on how much you like your teeth!!:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
I have a Jan 06 build and mine doesn't have the self levelling rear shocks. I put 40mm Kingsprings in mine and it looks sensational. Perfect ride height IMO.

·
Registered
655 Posts
HEMI00, myself and some of our customers are running Bilstein rear shocks with easystreet airbags.

If you would like a set let me know, there is a bit of modification with the top bracket from the factory but you can get lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Or you can hit us up for some air suspension :) (our business - Low and Haten)

Will post a pic later of just how low.

·
Registered
115 Posts
what is the difference between the standard suspensions on the 300C and srt8?
i like the look of the lowered suspension but my srt8 suspension is very firm - bordering on harsh and if lowering makes it worse then i just would not do it

·
Registered
276 Posts
HEMI00, myself and some of our customers are running Bilstein rear shocks with easystreet airbags.

If you would like a set let me know, there is a bit of modification with the top bracket from the factory but you can get lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Or you can hit us up for some air suspension :) (our business - Low and Haten)

Will post a pic later of just how low.
Yeah man, Bag it. [email protected] let us know your a forum member and we'll look afetr you.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hey Rob ..mine are same as Shanes King springs all round
Cheers Frank

1 - 20 of 20 Posts