Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
What is the offset of the wheels? What tire size are you running?

Most 22"s are fine with a lowering kit... without the right offset you could rub in the fender well or scrap on the inner fender. That is where rolling of the fenders comes in.

Other than that, you should be ok.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I recommend you roll the fenders....

Cheap insurance against a possible mishap where the tire contacts the fender. Might never happen, but it is likely to happen if you turn and hit a bump at the same time. Even with super genius offset powers, I would spend the money to do it. Just my .02... better than regret afterward when the fender is puckered and you have to re-paint it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
has anyone done any research on what the wheel offsets need to be? I have done many Pedders systems with 22 inch wheels, and have not had an issue with any of them. But the LX is such a large volumed vehicle, I would think the wheel manufactures would do the research on the offsets.

mike
dms

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I thought the same until I hit a dip while turning with my 2" drop... perfect offset and tires doesn't help in that situation as the fender lip is over the tire when turning,,

hence my advice to roll fenders, or drive verrrrryyy carefully at that level of drop..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
hey cueball what tire size, rim size and offset you using let me know. cause thats what im debating on 22x9 or 22x9.5 and which offset to get. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am running a 265x35x22 with a +15 and it will still rub if i take a dip too fast. the +18mm is only .11" closer to the chassis, which couldn't make a HUGE difference... maybe a tiny bit tho. running the 255s instead of the 265 will shave off about .43" which will put you right about .5" (more or less)...

i guess what I am saying is... Cueball is right, no matter what you do, if you hit a dip fast enough, you can still hit the fender.

Roll the fenders! =0) you can rent the tool form some of the forum guys...

hope that helped you a little bit...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts