Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed some opinions and advice from you experienced guys.... My 300c is coming in on a carrier sometime next week. I want to lower the vehicle immediately. I understand that Eibach makes 2 types of springs(1.6 and 2 inch drop). Now the 2 inch drop is not available until the new year comes along...according to the rep.....I like the more agresssive look of the 2 inch drop soo far from pictures... Should I cut my stock springs or buy the Eibachs and cut those? What do you guys think I should do?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Never cut springs, it throws the rates tight out the window. Wait for the 2" to come out if that's what you really want. Don't 1/2 a$$ it.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
jtrejo said:
Needed some opinions and advice from you experienced guys.... My 300c is coming in on a carrier sometime next week. I want to lower the vehicle immediately. I understand that Eibach makes 2 types of springs(1.6 and 2 inch drop). Now the 2 inch drop is not available until the new year comes along...according to the rep.....I like the more agresssive look of the 2 inch drop soo far from pictures... Should I cut my stock springs or buy the Eibachs and cut those? What do you guys think I should do?
DO NOT CUT YOUR SPRINGS!!! Just wait for the 2" drop kit or use the 1.6" drop kit. You will be surprised as what the 1.6" drops looks like on 22's, if that is the route you are going. Someone in the forum has already posted pics of it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have lowered several cars over the past 45 years using several different methods from torching the springs to drop spindles. The last one we dropped was a 1996 Impala SS that we purchased new and traded for the 300C. We used the 1.6 Eibachs. The car looked great but took on the normal bucking and rough ride that lowering using springs gives you. If you want the ride to continue like it is now use lowering spindles and your stock springs and nothing else.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
mspeasl said:
I have lowered several cars over the past 45 years using several different methods from torching the springs to drop spindles. The last one we dropped was a 1996 Impala SS that we purchased new and traded for the 300C. We used the 1.6 Eibachs. The car looked great but took on the normal bucking and rough ride that lowering using springs gives you. If you want the ride to continue like it is now use lowering spindles and your stock springs and nothing else.
I agree, you get what you pay for. I dropped a '93 rodeo 3 inches easy enough by turning the torsion bars, and de-arcing the leaf springs, the guys who did the drop did a great job at preserving the ride quality. I dont bounce around as long as I keep a good set of drop shocks on it. But spindles are the way to go, but make sure whoever does it knows what they are doing on a "C".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts