Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my loaded Mag 300C yesterday. It's on the train from NE right now and I should pick it up on Mon/Tues.

One of the first mods I'm going to do is to replace the plastic grille with one of the aftermarket alternatives. While looking at those, I noticed they always show the front license plate mounted slightly below the bottom of the grille, which is a big improvement over the standard location (the top of the plate comes an inch or two over the bottom of the grille).

So my question is, have any other 300C owners out there moved their plate mounts down, and if so, how? I'm wondering if I should request that the dealer not install the front plate mount at all in case I need some kind of aftermarket plate mounting kit.

Anyway, just wondering how others have dealt with this. As always, pics appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I modified the stock plate holder to fit below the grille. It looks exactly like that one in the E&G ad. I used my trusty Dremol to do it. I am having the holder painted to match my silver 300C.

·
Registered
94 Posts
At the bottom of this link I posted actual pictures from the manual with instructions on how to do the license plate frame. Hope it helps

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
If mine ever ships, I am not getting a front bracket at all. Ohio law requires a front plate but I have never been stopped nor do I know of anyone being stopped for lack of a front plate

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
If mine ever ships, I am not getting a front bracket at all. Ohio law requires a front plate but I have never been stopped nor do I know of anyone being stopped for lack of a front plate
I drove a couple cars in California for about 10 years without a front license plate without any problems.
But the 300c's front end is just screaming to be noticed. You will have trouble keeping a low profile.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
joey said:
I drove a couple cars in California for about 10 years without a front license plate without any problems.
But the 300c's front end is just screaming to be noticed. You will have trouble keeping a low profile.
I heard that, just in case, I have an anti laser front plate shield if I do decide to get a plate for the front, I also use a Valentine one. I will wait until told to put a plate on by one of Ohio's finest. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I heard that, just in case, I have an anti laser front plate shield if I do decide to get a plate for the front, I also use a Valentine one. I will wait until told to put a plate on by one of Ohio's finest. :rolleyes:
Yup, and the one time that you have one beer with that burger is the time the "locals" decide to check on that plate.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
[QUOTE="C"for me]Yup, and the one time that you have one beer with that burger is the time the "locals" decide to check on that plate.[/QUOTE]
Old Murphy's Law but, I've only had one front plate problem over the years and that was when I had a front CA plate and rear VA plate, they were not amused :rolleyes: . Other than that I've never had an issue going "naked", your point is well taken, no point in giving them any reason to pull you over. :eek:

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
My Bently mesh grille is due any day now, C is due on 6/28 but this is the fourth ETA that keeps moving down the calender. If I run a plate, I will do the mod also and paint it like 1932 which looks very nice.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
LOTHP said:
As long as I've had the plate in the car with me, the excuse "the frame got torn off in a car wash" has always made going without a front plate a non-issue.
That does it, keep it under the front seat, just make sure the constable does'nt think you're reaching for a gun.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Lowering license plate holder

I need to have a front plate, but hate how the standard license plate holder has the plate obscuring the bottom of the grille. Is there a holder out there that I can get to my dealer which will have the top of the plate below the bottom of the grill? I think I have seen pics on this site, but my search of posts did not reveal an answer. Thanks

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Your stock unit can be modified, If you search some of the grille threads there is some discussion there. I don't use a front plate (though I should) but my mesh grille included instructions on this modification which I did not perform. I may be able to dig up the instructions when I get home, let me know if you are interested by private message and I could fax it to you (assuming it is where it should be).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your stock unit can be modified, If you search some of the grille threads there is some discussion there. I don't use a front plate (though I should) but my mesh grille included instructions on this modification which I did not perform. I may be able to dig up the instructions when I get home, let me know if you are interested by private message and I could fax it to you (assuming it is where it should be).
Thanks for the offer and I would appreciate a private message :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Here's what I did to mind.

Just clip off the "grille clips" with a dremmel. Drill (ack!) two new holes and bolt it on with the orginal bolts.

Now, I am waiting for the backordered Magensium paint to come in to blend it into the front bumper.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts