Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what I should expect to pay to have the dealer install Mopar 1" lowering springs on my car?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I didn't get my springs installed at the dealers....but at a local shop for $200.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Dealer aftermarket work = lot's of money

See if you can find a reliable shop to do the work. I'll bet the quote you'll get will be alot cheaper!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I paid about $200 also. They usually tell you to drive it for a couple thousand miles to let the springs settle. Then get the alignment. I just helped install 2 sets of springs this weekend. When I need new shocks, I'll be doing my own.

·
Registered
21 Posts
how tuff is it to do it yourself i ordered the kit but was looking into doing it myself never done it on a car before

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes, I did the alignment afterwards Stockholm......Alignments cost vary depending on where you go. Prices are around $50-100.

·
Registered
127 Posts
xft116

how tuff is it to do it yourself i ordered the kit but was looking into doing it myself never done it on a car before
I watched them install my springs and the front was easy, but the rear took them a long time.

It took 2 guys to install the springs.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
If you've never done it before, I wouldn't suggest doing it yourself. I actually thought that the back was pretty easy, once I saw how everything came apart, but it is time consuming.

·
Registered
21 Posts
well i ask this because i am very mechanically inclined but have never done this on a car i have lifted and lowered trucks before never on a car thoe

·
Registered
127 Posts
It took 2 guys about 2 hours and 15 minutes to install the springs.

xft116 if you've done this on a truck before...then you can probably do it on a car.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Yeah, in that case you could definitely give it a try. Only special tool you'll need would be spring compressors and maybe a pickle fork.

·
Registered
53 Posts
the fronts are pretty easy. Just need a spring compressor to do it safely.
Keeping in mind to make sure that the top mount is clocked right for reinstallation.

The rears, are not so much, you can do it a couple of ways. The best way I feel is on a lift. Remove the lower shock bolt and support the lower control arm with a screw jack under the inner bolt through that hole. This way it will not slide around due to the angle of the arm. Take that bolt out and slowly lower the control arm and the spring should come right out. Reverse this process to put it in. The control arm may need a little persuasion to lign back up with the bolt hole though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts