Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys just put my 22"'s on and now i wanna drop it wahts the best set of springs to use and i want it really low but now to much to rub and i dont wanna see a wheel gap whats everyone useing?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I would say Eibach, and other's would say H&R... People bash on Eibach beacuse of there so called "rake" look.. I love em, and been using them for a while now, never experienced (is that how you spell it?) H&R or switched to.. I know for a fact that there are some members here that are running H&R springs (Kidcoastal, I believe) and can chime in and talk about H&R..

·
Registered
351 Posts
i'm getting h&r's installed next tuesday and by all indications from other members here, i shouldn't rub. i'll let you know how it goes. they were supposed to go on tomorrow but i guess the springs were backordered so i have to wait til tuesday.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i have a base 300 so the drop is 1.8 F+R. hopefully it provides an even drop. actually when i measured my ride height right now in terms of fingers in the wheelwell, i can fit 4 fingers easy in the front but only 3 fingers in the rear. i wonder if this is due to my box in the back. i have a 15" JL sub and JL 500/1 in the back, but they don't really weigh all that much. (50 LBS tops, if that) i'll post some pics after the drop, hopefully i'll have my digi-cam by then too.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
uh ohhhh.... im like one day away from ordering the eibach's and what im hearing im not liking !:(! someone please talk to me... i jus ordered my 22's and was gonna get the lowering springs right away...damn

·
Registered
351 Posts
^^^ do some searches about "eibach springs" and the uneven drop and you'll end up deciding on the H&R's. (at least i think you will)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
300CwannaB I actually decided to go with Eibach. Here are my personal reasons.
My friend put the H&R's on and it looks AWESOME! IMO it looks better than eibachs. However, we had to take my C golfing b/c too many of us guys on the golf trip makes his car rub badly on the freeway humps.
I know I wont have that problem with the eibachs. That rake will actually save my tires.
AGAIN.... all my personal opinion as well as thougts on the matter.
it's still my opinion that the H&R looks better.
for what its worth.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am seriously considering the coil over kit that has been mentioned briefly:

www.kwsuspensions.com

These guys build the systems that are sold through Mopar parts for the Neon and PT Cruiser

they are preparing a set sale for the 300C by the summer I was told when I phoned the company.

I understand it's considerably more money then just going with lowering springs, but I believe the overall ride will be much improved

I like the fact that I can adjust the ride height exactly where I want it as well.

I'll keep you posted when I get them installed.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so it sounds like h&r are the way 2 go

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Check out this link http://www.shorelinemotoring.com/gallery_otherrides.aspx
The first ride is a 300c (magnesum) with H&R and 265/35/22, the sixth 300c (silver)down is my car with the Eibach and 255/30/22. I have absolutely no problems. It's sits a little high in the rear, as been stated. But, I can tell you if you have two rear passengers and the trunk full, you might have an issue. I think with the 255/30/22 and the H&R one might not have any problems, just be sitting real low in the rear.

·
Registered
351 Posts
kidcoastal, quick question about your friend's 300 with the H&R's on. what size tires is he running on his 22's. i don't want to rub, but i love the look and plus i've already ordered the h&r's.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the h&r look great!!!! did ne 1 roll the fenders or didnt they and how much do they run

·
Registered
351 Posts
ok, nevermind on the install of the H&R's... i guess they're backordered even further and won't be available for 4-6 weeks. i don't want to wait that long so i think i'm gonna go with eibach's and cut a half coil off of the rear springs.
-brian-

1 - 18 of 18 Posts